new to this site

Saphire
Saphire Member Posts: 38
edited 6. Jul 2012, 05:24 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there,
I have just joined and am finding my way around this site. I was diagnosed with RA nearly five years ago. I have recently had to give up work and look forward to hearing other people's experience.
Saphire

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Saphire and welcome. I have RA too and this is a good place to be. We are very friendly so just chip in wherever you wish or, if you've any questions, start a new thread. Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat are where most people hang out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Saphire
    Many thanks SW, will try to find my way to those forums! Not very good on the computer. Saphire
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello again, I've replied to you on your LWA thread not realising this one was here! I have an auto-immune arthritis which has led to OA in some of my damaged joints and yup, life is tough from time to time. I found the forum in April 2010 and I can honestly say it has changed my life. I moved from being the only arthritic I knew to 'knowing' loads and I have made some very good friends thanks to AC.

We are a supportive and informative bunch, we keep an eye out for each other and are always there to listen when it all gets too much - and when things pick up too - you know what? They do, occasionally! Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • scottishbuird
    scottishbuird Member Posts: 8
    Hi I am also new to this I have RA :( finding it tough at times
    As im 29 starting to get
    Slightly better so that's good. Where you from?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello scottishbuird, I am not 29 neither do I have RA but all of us on here do understand how tough things can be when one has arthritis. I think I gave a rather 'short' reply to you on the CC forum and I do apologise, :oops: I falied to recognise your name as being a 'newbie' which was not good. :oops: I am in Suffolk, I don't know where Saphire is from but I do know she is in the process of moving. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Hi Sapphire

I have RA just been diagnosed this year .Welcome to the forum.

karen
  • Saphire
    Hi to all,

Am living in London right now but soon to move to Kent.

Pleased to have joined this site as have had lots of giggles reading through the threads, especially when pain has disturbed sleep.

Saph
  • cindyjonas
    cindyjonas Member Posts: 31
    Hi, me too new here, I posted something on new topic without realizing this. I'm 34 and started to have wrist pain about 2 months ago and now all fingers, wrists, ankle and neck are hurting. I like you Saph, don't know much about arthritis and find it very fast spreading. I'm from Newcastle upon tyne and honestly think my gp think it's all in my head.

My blood and xrays were both negative which is frustrating but ehhh I may just need to learn with the pain, people here did suggest to try the injections that my gp want me to start and to be honest I'm in so much pain that I'm going to call tomorrow.

Does the pain will go away and do I going to be able to have my life back?
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Hello and welcome you really most post on the oter forums lets see you talking on them i know some of it serious but as you know some of it can be light hearted so come on get posting 5 years with RA you should be able to give out some great advice.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE