Travel question please

Options
kellerman
kellerman Member Posts: 741
edited 22. Jun 2012, 07:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm not used to posting here but I really need advise.
My youngest daughter has booked for us to go and see my brother in Eastbourne now I've got the all clear.
She is a teacher and has booked it for the first week of school holidays.
My problem is.....well although I've done this journey loads of times it was always with my mother who would never use the tube so we crossed from Kings Cross to Victoria by taxi.
Now these tickets she downloaded don't allow enough time for a taxi so it will have to be the tube.
Will these tickets be valid on the tube? Sorry went round in circles then getting to the point.
I've never had a ticket that had the time of the train from Victoria on so it didn't really matter if we took our time getting to Victoria.
Thanks in advance if you can advise. May

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Are the tickets for victotia to eastbounrne ?
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Loads of tickets Fowls.
    One set Darlington to Eastbourne and another 2 Victoria to Eastbourne.
    All totally confusing to me.
    I haven't been on the tube much as last time I went to a show in London we used a bus.
    May
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Oh Crud :?:

I you said for instance you were travelling from wimbledon to eastbourne then the ticket should be valid on the tube so you can get your connections via other trains. If you are local to a station can you not pop down and ask , i leave all the trains to fowls and just follow him as i have not got a clue :? .Sorry i could not help you any more .

karen xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    usually they are but with out seeing them it hard to say ask on train they will know good luck enjoy val
    val
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    hi im from london and my understanding is that the tickets dont cover your connection. they are train tickets and you are going to have to use underground.
    there are lots of machines at every station and you can get tickets using your credit/debit card - they are easy to use and you just slot the ticket into the gate when you get off the tube and off you go on your journey.
    a single one off use ticket is probably around £4.30 per person unless some discount off peak whatever is on offer at time.

you are travelling aboaut 4 stops and this wont take long at all but ensure you give yourself time to get up the flight of stairs in victoria station to get the overland train. its all very clearly marked out and there are always plenty staff around to give help if you need it