Anyone get probs with back of heels,swollen,painfull.

Options
diamond
diamond Member Posts: 396
edited 24. Jun 2012, 08:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
This is get ting me down this last week,does anyone else have this problem.It is not helping when trying to get about as i am seven weeks post op tkr on right leg and over seven months tkr on other knee.I only seen Rheumy middle of May to check how i was doing on Sulpha.my gp is writing to them explaining about heels,fingers,eyes to get my appointment brought forward as i am not going to wait till next year. I will be going to Ortho check on Monday maybe they might be able to help out with a jab till a appt comes through,i hope so as they helped before.Moan over for now,thanks for reading.xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, it's not a shoe problem, is it? They can play havoc with heels.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i do get painfull heels but they do not swell much just hurt and ankles will not move right get more trouble with balls of feet val
    val
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Not a shoe problem Sticky although that is exactly how it feels like as though you are breaking in new shoes.I only wear flat trainer type shoes which are comfortable or slippers.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The back of my left heel has this trouble, I know I have the beginnings of a bone spur there (I've seen the Xray :( ) and I think this is the culprit. I wonder if this could the case with you but I am NOT a doc. :wink: It is miserable though because no matter what you do it's there. I emapthise. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Diamond,

This is a stab in the dark but perhaps it is Achilles Tendon Bursitis or similar. I am surprised that your gp did not mention anything like this which makes me think perhaps it is not. Poor you, typical that this should raise its ugly head when you are convalescing from a tkr op. :roll: A jab would help, I am sure.

Wishing you the best of luck

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Diamond

Sorry its horrible isn't it? I get it in my right foot especially and they told me it was all to do with the tendinitis thing I seem to get all over now a days.

I use some of those gells in the hope.... maybe they do help a bit and I also use the big roomy Frankenstein boots and can't really ware the shoes just now as well.....

I hope its a short lived thin and maybe just run it past your gp as physio can help. Hang i there and leaving you a ((( ))) Cris xx