Help!!

Options
lozzC
lozzC Member Posts: 27
Hi,

I'm 23 and newly diagnosed with RA. I have been really struggling with pain, nearly everywhere and fatigue this year. Its affected my job (I am am a teacher, with a boss who isn't very understanding), its affected my home life and I am feeling fed up, lost and pretty rubbish to be honest!

My GP and consultant have been great and worked really hard to get a diagnosis.... Although steroids haven't helped me, I am being started on Metatrexate this week... this is also scary and I am not sure what to expect.

I am struggling at work due to the demanding physical nature of my class. I don't feel like I am able to keep up with everything. My contract at work is coming to an end this July and I should be applying and looking for jobs. However I am never sure how much to say about my RA... I know people are not meant to let it affect decisions about who to employ but when there are 80 people going for one job...
I would also love to go part time at least until I can get the pain and swelling under control but I don't know what options there are for me.... It's a big pay cut and I am not sure I could cope with bills ect

Sorry this seems to be a lot of things all at once.... I am pretty confused with life the universe and everything at them moment and would love a friendly 'face'! :)

Any advice/enlightenment that anyone has about home/work/anything I would very much appreciate it!! I feel totally lost right now!!

x

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi lozzC

There is a lot of uncertainty going on for you at the moment.

As you say, what with starting methotrexate and the difficulty with the job market you dont know how the future is going to pan out.

Posting this message on the Living with arthritis forum will put you in touch with some sympathetic folks who will offer you support and advice.

You are welcome to ring us during the week if you would like to have a chat about things.

All the best

Nick
    Helplines Team