Could i have arthritis? pls help!?

Options
katilicious
katilicious Member Posts: 4
edited 24. Jun 2012, 11:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am 25 years old and i have been feeling a little pain in my left knee since 2 weeks or so, it is there in the right knee too but almost like zero there.

I dont feel it constantly, or continuously, i just feel it while walking up and down the stairs (up the stairs hurts more), i do not feel it while walking on flat surfaces, or bending my legs or while doing any physical activity or anything.

I have no morning stiffness, no pain after rest or after a physical activity, no swelling, no tenderness, no redness, no soreness, no problems in moving my joints.

I may be a bit of an hypochondriac and now i am over focussing on any small pain, or anything happening in my body, i feel like have pain in my fingers too, but maybe i am just imagining it, i dont know. but there is no redness, swelling or tenderness.

i am going to the doctor on monday but please help me, am i at risk for arthritis with these symptoms?

Comments

• mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Kat,

I don't think anyone here can diagnose arthritis, its really only your GP who can do that. Most people start thinking arthrits after about 6+ months of symptons, I'm not making light of your pain - I'm trying to put your mind at rest. Your age group is a huge plus too, people in your age group do get arthritis but its more 'visable' in us older folks :(
    In the meantime from what you say I'm wondering if you may have pulled/sprained a muscle or something? I'm glad youre going to see your GP and I hope he/she can help you.
    It sounds like you are very body aware, and that's a really good thing, you live in it - so you should be an expert on your own body. Good on you for exercising too! Don't ever give up - keep moving.
    Best wishes
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi katilicious
    And a warm welcome from me
    Has for the pain you are not on your own focusing on new pains, it could be anything really, has for it all being in your head this is just what I thought for 2 years, so dont worry about that, you go and see your GP and get some xrays done, and hopefully it will show up whats going on.
    Please let us know how you get on xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Hello there. I can only echo what mouseymousey said. There's always a possiblility of it being arthritis but there are many other possibilities too. If you have no redness, swelling or tenderness and you only feel the pain on the stairs it may well be just a tweaked muscle or ligament or something. You are doing the right thing by seeing the doc. Let's know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi welcome as others have said we can not help much as it never easy to decide if it arthritis or not but your GP will be able to help if it carries on go back they give lowest meds possible to start with and increase as needed it could be nothing to do with arthritis but we will be here if you need us try ice wrapped in cloth/towel for Min on knee that hurts then wheat bag to get you through to see GP good luck
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Kat,

Like the others say it could be many things so its best to go see your gp and let them have a look at it.

I use heat to help my bones when they are unhappy and also strap up the bits I can do. I don't know as a support, even if its just tubi-grip round your knee might help?

Hope your gp can help and please let us know how you get on. Cris x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Kat, Welcome to AC! You are at the age where your body is still changing, as the other's have said it could be Arthritis or it could be a sprain, you've done the right thing making an appt with your G.P. Please let us know how you get on. Take care.