Ankle pain

Options
scozzie
scozzie Member Posts: 333
edited 25. Jun 2012, 04:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Hope you're all keeping as fit and pain free as is possible.

Last Thursday was a bad day for me, the day before my step-son's wedding, I found both my ankles/feet giving me hell at work. The only description I can give which accurately sums up how my ankles felt was "brittle" and painful! I felt if I had jumped up and down my ankles would've shattered! They wouldn't, but they felt like that!

As I always dose up on two 8/500s cocos (sometimes it'll be one plus a 30/500 if I don't feel the best) and an Ibuprofen before I start work, I had to wait til lunchtime before I could take any additional tablets and took two of the 30/500 cocos and an ibuprofen to try ease some of the pain - well an hour later, with the combination of the tablets and the pain, I could've quite easily have just curled up in a corner of the factory and fallen asleep! But I struggled on, as we all do. The next day I woke up to find my ankles were relatively fine ... I don't understand it ... which was good as I had to don my formal kilt wear, which included a pair of brogues and can't have orthotics inserted in them. On Saturday my feet ached somewhat, but not as bad as Thursday. Today, Sunday, my feet are still achy along with my hands.

I'm getting really frustrated with the ups and downs nature of this blasted disease, not knowing when I'm going to have good day or a bad one!

Anyway, enough of my rant ... Take care.
Scozzie

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    so glad it was over in time but it does leave one wondering which it will be each time val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    You're quite right, scozzie. The 'not knowing' is very frustrating and makes it difficult to plan ahead. It's bad enough when we can see a good reason why a particular joint might hurt more on a particular day but the apparent randomness is disconcerting.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Scoozie,

its a horrible thing this bone shift. It follows no rhyme or reason half the time and it makes planing hard as well as just every day things eh?

Hope it will back off and leave you be for a while and its good to see you again even if the pain is not so good to see you having. Cris xx
  • Saphire
    Saphire Member Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Scoozie,
    I have only just joined this forum so still getting to know who's who but just wanted to say hi. This beast has a mind of it's own doesn't it.
    Saph x
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Your ankles get used to a pair of shoes, things start to subside, settle down, then you change your shoes and you walk slightly differently, you may even be on your feet more that day or not go out and wear slippers more?

The changes that you make to the way your feet, ankles, knees, hips and spine behave, from day to day, may be more subtle than you appreciate and the affect on them may give you some clues?