back from clinic

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 26. Jun 2012, 14:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Blood tests are now near normal,so the thinking is that abnormal tests were that my liver just didnt like the meth or the lef,das score has also come down because i am on low dose pred,they will not give any other treatment till i have had the liver scan and then will slowly reduce the pred till i am off it all together and see how bad i get before i can start a tnf,which they know i need because of all the visual joint damage,will have scan on hands and feet to see whats happening that we cant see.So its just wait for liver scan,feel like i have come to a full stop for the moment.Back at clinic in five weeks which by then i should have had the scan.(Gave me a leaflet about humira.)
Thank-you for all your support ,pockets were bulging.Mig

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad you're home safe.
    Was a bit packed in them pockets :shock:
    Which one you dwellers had bergen eating garlic? :o :? :lol:
    Good luck with everything Mig. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Well done Mig

glad the liver has/is recovered/ing :)

Shame you can't start tnf yet, but safety first eh?

Well done

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Mig
    You do sound like you are getting good treatment,and I am glad the liver reading has come down, hopefully you can move on to the next stage very soon.
    You take care, and I wish you well with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I agree with the others. They're looking after you, which is the main thing, and not taking any chances. And the liver's starting to behave. It'll all happen in good time, which never seems good when one's on the waiting end.

(Garlic? :oops: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    That's great news about your bloods, Mig :)

I hope you won't have to wait too long for the results of your scan and the pred's effective in the meantime.

Best wishes,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    your body sounds like it needs a holiday or at least a little break from all the meds and treatments you have had. the liver is wonderfully clever at restoring and healing itself and proper functioning can make a wonderful difference to how you feel. somebody somewhere once said to me that the liver wants to live and thats why it got that name. dont know if its true but best organ in the body for healing

good luck
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hi mig glad its over for you, lets hope you get this sorted get on the anti tnfs and start feeling better.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey mig. i enjoyed my lie in in your pocket. lol. Im glad things seem to be settling down a bit. The five weeks will fly by.

7worlds
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Well done Mig.

I am so sorry you will still have a wait though to move things forward and I feel very sad for you that you have to wait "to see how bad things are" before you can go ahead with the anti-tnfs. I am keeping everything crossed for you that you are able to get going on the Humira (if that's the decision) before too long and that it really helps you.

Thinking of you.

Tillyxxx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Mig

Glad all went well , sorry you have to wait untill your bod recovers before you can start next treatment .

((()))xxx
    Karen
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad it's all over for you and your safe home, you just rest and let your body recover before you can take the next step. Now you do as your told and rest or I'll find a way of getting to you and giving you a smacked ****!! But I think you would like that!! :o:lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I apologise for being late to this, Mig, please forgive me. I am so gald that your liver is recovering, enbrel tried to explode mine and like you I was off everything until it settled down again - that was when I first met my lovely friend Prednisalone! Get those scans done my lovely, the more info they have the better. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben