Speeding and taxation.

Options
2»

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I agree Mr DJ Clarkson tested a Merc with that kind of power and the even now the traction control system couldn’t handle it so what that car is like if you turn it off is anyone’s guess, as my old dad use to say speed isn’t the most important thing it’s stopping. Also we pay too much attention to speed and not acceleration, I’d rather trade top speed for acceleration any day it's more useful in a sticky situation.

Back in the 1980’s had a friend who had a V6 Capri with a Jag diff and gearbox, he also fitted the Jag speedo so the velocity was correct(I call it velocity as it was kind of flying on types) anyway he also ran a double turbo system on it and one late night up the pub he offered me a lift home, I made him promise not to go mad but he did, I’ve never done 165MPH before and I never want to again unless it’s in a plane, lets just say I proved the say that the colour of adrenalin is brown the thing was a beast and totally crazy, he survived he boy racer years so must have had luck on his side.
  • MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 276
    Options
    totally agree mellman01
    acceleration over top speed any day.
    living in wembley london its like a car park most of the time anyway (and it will be more so when the olympics start) as theve already started turning parts of bus lanes into blue lanes so busses have to join the rest of us.
    the thing that really gets on my goat is fire,police and ambulance will not be aloud to use the blue lanes which is pathetic.
    just hope you dont need to use the emergency services over the olympic period.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    what the feck!?, so what happens if a criminal or terrorist uses the blue lane to get away from the rozzers then!?, I can't see the fed's sitting there while the crim's drive off into the sunset and who's going to police the police, don't tell me the police!, Jesus no wonder this countries so fecked up, the idiots at the top have no regard for any off us these days and they wonder why fewer and fewer people bother voting it's as effective as p*****g into the flippin wind.
    Were less than 2nd class citizens in our own country these days. I've had this growing feeling that I'm living in a strange kind of gulag come Police state and your post has made me realise I'm not as paranoid as I thought I was!.
  • MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 276
    Options
    tell me about it :lol: :shock:
    i live just round the corner from wembley and also work in the main hospital that takes casualty's from the arena and stadium.

we have been on red alert leading upto the olympics and have been getting regular updates of potential threats and road closures in case of a major incident.
    if i get called in on a major incident then i sure will be using the so called blue lanes and sending my fines to boris.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    JUST COS YOU'RE PARANOID MELL, DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE NOT AFTER YOU!! :shock: :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP