so tired at the moment

Options
Heather65
Heather65 Member Posts: 262
edited 30. Jun 2012, 08:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
After a weekend off i thought i would be rested but not so ,my neck has been giving me a lot of pain and not been sleeping well,i started taking the amytriptiline and they have not helped yet, :(
I started my B12 injections on friday and had my second one today cant wait till they kick in ,i could sleep forever and im back on my night shift tonight just hope i can keep going ,has any one had these injections and do they help ?,ive got another one on wednesday and physio on friday so a busy week again !
Heather

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've not had them but I have a friend with pernicious anaemia. He thought he was dying until they got him diagnosed and started with the injections and he's never looked back since. I hope it's the same for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Harlansmummy
    Harlansmummy Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Hoping the week improves for you
    Twenty-something mother, home educating my wonderful son and currently TTC.

My particular flavour of arthritis is yet to be confirmed
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Heather,

I do empathise so far as tiredness is concerned. Luckily I work from home so it doesn't matter if I nod off now and then; and chocolate with a high cocoa percentage tends to keep me awake! I'm not anaemic at the moment, but chronic pain and fatigue have always presented together as it's a bit of a fight to keep going at times. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Best wishes,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you,sending hugs (((())))Mig
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    hi - having trouble in your neck is the worst of the pain i think we can feel. an old lady doctor i spoke to years ago suffered neck and hip trouble. she said it really did feel like the weight of your head was wearing her out. she was empathizing with me and the terrible pain i was suffering in neck.

i had bundles of energy at the time but when the neck went it was as though the strength in my body was totally lost.

so i know how you feel with that and just remember it will pass a bit, sometime, at least for a little while to give you a break.

i dont know about your B12 ingections and why you are specifically getting them but they should boost your energy levels a lot.

with the lack of sleep you must be feeling exhausted. take the time out to lie down on your bed and a recliner chair and even if you only have 40 winks this usually makes you feel a little less drained.

keep your fluids up with plenty water too so everything gets the best possible chance to work as it should
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi Heather,

Yes!! I have B12 injections, I was diagnosed with Pernicious anaemia in December abouth 9 months after being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and hypothyroid. I had 6 injections as a loading dose and am now having them every 12 weeks. I've got to say that after having the 5th one I started to feel much better. I start to feel awful again at about week 11 and then pick up quickly after the injection. I work shifts too and find nights really hard but I'm still managing to do them.

Hope you start to feel better soon

Jan xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi there Heather, you may need the Amitriptyline dose increased? But hope the B12 injections make a difference for you. Fingers crossed you get some relief soon.
  • Heather65
    Options
    Thank you all,
    im hopeing the injections will start to work soon im having my third one tomorrow ,and physio friday so im hopeing that will help my neck ,like you jan im still managing to do my night shift though it is hard work ,i try and rest at the weekends and catch up on my sleep ,
    Heather :)
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Heather,

I had the B12's a few years ago and like Jan they weren't instant but boy did they end up helping!

I wonder are they looking at your neck flower? Mine has advanced spondy with determinative discs and extra bone growth and it can so hurt but they also can do some things to help....

I had a collar for a while as mine also can cause temp paralysis and that can help as well. Most of mine is helped by the pain clinic and have worked my way through all manner of jabs etc.

I hope they are looking at it and really hope it is easier for you today. Cris x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    best of luck Heather.
    Hope things improve soon.
    This exhaustion malarkey ain't much fun :roll:
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Heather

so sorry you are still so whacked :(

If you are anaemic due to low B12 then you would be very tired so fingers crossed for you

Love

Toni xxx
  • Heather65
    Options
    Thaks again ,
    Im on my break at work its very hot which doesn't help, im not feeling the benefit yet ive had a injection on wednesday and having one one friday, ive got nothing planned for tomorrow so im hopeing I can rest , and catch up with sleep ,
    Heather x
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi again Heather,

Sorry you've yet to reap the benefit of your injections. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, and I hope you'll be able to catch up on sleep :)

Best wishes,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Fingers crossed here too Heather.

I hope you can rest this weekend maybe :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Heather hope you managed to get some rest and the injection is starting to work for you.
  • Heather65
    Options
    Hi all,
    well a bit of a mixed week feeling fed up ,went to the physio who looked at my x-ray and said it doesnt look to bad ( is he looking at the same x-ray ) i seem to be going around in circles ,i feel like saying **** it and give up ,
    im seeing my chiropractor on thursday and will see what he thinks ,every one has a different opinion so i dont know whats going on !,as you can tell im not happy at least its the weekend :) ,i even had a glass of wine though i shouldnt ,it did help ,ive got my last B12 injection on monday so am waiting for them to kick in ,sorry for the moan :( ,
    Heather x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, poor you, what a trial it all is. Every now and again we get stuck in the 'revolving door' of arthritis, its diagnosis and treatments; we never know when we're going to be sucked into it but suddenly we are and it's less than easy to get out. I am sure things will fall into place soon but until then be kind to yourself, rest whenever you can, give yourself a little treat every now and again and I hope you soon feel better/brighter in yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Heather65
    Options
    Thank you DD,
    i know your going through a lot at the moment so it means a lot to me that you replied its nice to know that people care ,
    Heather x