Yipppeeeee!!!!!!

Options
pickle
pickle Member Posts: 21
edited 26. Jun 2012, 04:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Today I am really happy becauswe I think I might actually have found a consultant that knows his elbow from his teacake :D After years of receiving hardcore therapies (meth and biologics) I had to stop the drugs because they were making me ill. My consultant announced that I had osteo, no inflammation (despite blood tests showing the opp). It was all down to fibro and a bad back and sorry this was going to 'ruin your life', but there was nothing he could do. After asking for a second opinion I have now been told I have Palindromic Rheu, Fibro, Osteo in my spine and...Hypermobility Syndrome! HS totally explains all of those symptoms I didn't understand BUT most importantly, it shows I'm not crazy! It wasn't all in my head! I cannot explain to you the relief :) It was a long road but I'm so so so so relieved. It now also means that I may get further treatment. My new consultant was horrified that the HMS had been missed even though I kept displaying the symptoms. Still, onwards and upwards :)

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Pickle,

I'm so pleased for you that finally you've been given a diagnosis and you've found a good consultant. I'm glad it went well for you.

Would you mind if I asked you what your symptoms are for HMS?

Thanks,

Magenta x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hey Pickle well done to you, i'm glad you are sorted out it must be a great relief to you. hope you start feeling better soon.
    Take care.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    So pleased for you Pickle that after all this time you now have a diagnosis that appears to fit your symptoms and a good consultant that you can work with together as a team.

I read this article in the Telegraph today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/9349660/I-feel-brain-fogged.-Its-a-cruelly-deceptive-illness.html

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I am very pleased that you now have a consultant you can work with and a diagnosis. I hope all goes smoothly in future.

P.S. It doesn't mean you're not crazy. Many of us on here manage to combine arthritis and craziness quite effortlessly :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Pickle

What a relief for you , well done for being persistent , Glad you can now move on .Very well don to you , i am so pleased :D