Rituximab today - please may I have pocket duties?

Options
tillytop
tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
edited 29. Jun 2012, 08:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello Peeps

Didn't post sooner cos I didn't want to tempt fate :roll: but today I am going to have my fourth attempt at going for my long posponed Rituximab infusion and - hopefully I won't be eating my words later - it looks as if I am finally going to make it. My real concern now is that I will get to the hospital and find they are not happy to go ahead given recent, still unexplained, health issues.

I am nervous about it so if anyone is available for short-notice pocket duties I would be most grateful. I have a goodly supply of nice comfort food available for anyone who comes along - and there is usually a nice tin of biccys open in the day unit (but please try to restrain yourselves a bit where those are concerned else they might throw us all out and that would defeat the object :lol: !

Right - off to get dressed now (and it's still dark!). It will be a long day and I know I will not be "with it" enough to update you later when I get back but I will post again as soon as I am able - tomorrow hopefully.

Many thanks as always for your support.

Love Tilly xxx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    am here will be quiet fingers are crossed good luck val
    val
  • valval
    Options
    take it dd is with me
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I will be with you for as long as it takes.(((()))) Mig
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Tilly

i'm in ya pocket today , hope you have some spare change in there .

(((())))xxx karen.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I have everything crossed, Tilly.

Deep respect for getting up at that hour just to have unpleasant things done to you.

May I be biscuit tin monitor? (There weren't any chocolate ones, honest :oops: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'll be with you Tilly, I'm keeping my fingers crossed all goes well.
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Tilly,I am with you and wishing you well. :D
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey Tilly, Count me in. I think today is gonna be a good day for you. :D

7worlds
  • Milly8
    Milly8 Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Hope today go's well.hope you have some healthy snacks for me please.lol
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Wishing you all the best Tilly.xx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Come here ill hold your hand its going to be a long day.
    Try not to worry, Rituximab is the best thing that i have had and i'm hoping to be back on it some time in August. I know its all very scary and all these meds but what can you do. Take care and a full report tonight please
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh valval, you sweetie for remembering about me. I am there in spirit tillytillytillytop, I hope that all is going well. TOY loads and loads. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've heard from tilly. Firstly she would like to thank you all for your support and secondly, she's getting on OK. She's drinking lots of tea, being very well looked after and trying not to giggle at an elderly lady who, whilst being infused, has fallen fast asleep, mouth open and snoring. :wink: She reckons she won't be about tonight (these things can be very draining as we know) but I am sure she will pop in tomorrow. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Thanks for the update, DD.

I should thing she won't be about this evening. Tilly, if you're reading this tonight, then DON'T. Get to bed. (I have my stern look on.)

I'm glad it's going well and you have some entertainment, even if it's a little impromptu. I suppose you'll be wanting some of these biscuits to help the tea down?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've had another message to say that she is on her way home, she's fine but poleaxed - her word, not mine! I doubt she'll be reading anything tonight but keep looking stern, Sticky, just in case! DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I'm glad it's all over, Tilly. What a long day! Well done and I hope it works.

(I'm still looking stern just in case you're peeping.)
    Steven Wright
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Tilly,

sorry i missed the pocket duty but i do hope it has helped you
    take it easy!

Rose x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tilly,

Sorry I am late.

Rest up and in case you feel tempted not to the deer has his very best tough customer costume on and a lump hammer in his back pocket....

I have no idea who he has been talking to flower..... :shock:

Really hope it will do its job and you will get rest and feel much better soon. Love a ((((( ))))), a hope and tea up in the owl box which I have had to move and suspend from the wires to stop the sheep eating the cdm Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Tilly

So sorry I am late on, but yesterday I had 6 hours without electricity :roll: Kitchen being down.

I am so very very pleased that you had the infusion - this is excellent news. Fingers crossed that yo feel the benefits soon.

Love and hugs

Toni xxx
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thank you so much to all the pocket dwellers yesterday (human and animal :D ) and for your kind messages. I can't tell you how much I appreciated it.

And a HUGE thankyou to DD for being PA despite her own current difficulties.

Infusion went really well yesterday and - in as far as hospital appts can ever be a "doddle" - it was! I was brilliantly looked after in the day unit and my blood pressure behaved itself this time so they were able to increase the infusion to its max possible speed so we were home earlier than expected. Having learned from last time, I went equipped with my comfy cushion and hot water bottle for my back (cos the day unit chairs are not the most comfortable) and that made a huge difference. I was also able to keep swigging the oromorph as needed throughout which helped to keep other things to a manageable level. The staff were so kind and even refilled my hot water bottle for me when needed and offered me a heat pad to use instead if I wanted it. And I don't think I have ever drunk quite so much tea in one day :shock:

My lovely Mr Tilly was with me all day too, bless him, and he said he really enjoyed his "day out" :roll: :lol: .

I can't tell you how pleased and relieved I am finally to have had my Ritux! Another infusion in two weeks then that's it for a good while! :D

Thanks again all.

Tillyxxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Well done Tilly glad it went well,special hug for Mr Tillyfor being there all day.(((()))) Mig
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sorry I've got here late but hope I'm in time to be with you! I've just parachuted in to your pocket and hopefully squeezed in! Good luck with today and fingers crossed your well enough to get it done. Big (((HUGS))).
  • valval
    Options
    so glad you got it done that so good can we get out now some one has smelly cheese again and egg butties good luck take care val
    val
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thanks again all - and Val I don't know who was responsible for the smelly cheese and the egg butties but I suspect the smell will be lingering in my pockets for some time to come :D Very grateful for all the support though even so.

Tillyxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am so pleased that all went well and that you were looked after in such fine style! Here's to another good trip next week - I am right in thinking Rituxxy Part Deux is due? DD