accidental pain relief

Options
amet1
amet1 Member Posts: 45
edited 30. Jun 2012, 10:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
went to alton towers with kids maybe not such a good idea coz kids forced me on all the big rides had a wierd experience on AIR, hanging upside down on stomach, no weight on back or knees totally stops the pain....... one problem they wouldnt let me bring the ride home. so now i want to be a fruit bat and sleep upside down any sugestions accepted (one downside of excursion couldnt move for 2 days boo hoo)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Interesting. Call me chicken but I think I'll stick with cocos for my pain relief. I doubt you'd get a prescription for Alton Towers anyway. (I've been trying to get one for whisky for years :) ) I hope you're in recovery now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Whiskey on the nhs ,now wouldnt that be something.Mig
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Whiskey and AT sound fun.. when my back was really bad i used to hold on to the top of the door frame and hold my weight with my hands, took the strain off my back and gave it a good streach, still do it now sometimes, when you're in pain whatever helps is good.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I used to do the door frame trick. Did help but now the hands ain't so good.
    I'll go halves on the AT ride lol..
    Keep the whiskey Sticky, you can have me share too :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    You could apply to NASSA see if they will shoot you into space.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    years ago when i went down to bognor, i went on the wurlitzers & the less aggressive swing things that whizz round and round

oh well wow for the relief from neck pain - found accidentally

i also get the same sort of relief when i accelerate quickly in turbo diesel car and the G force affects the pain in my neck and arms and makes me totally relaxed driving. please note that i drive safely and in full control of the car as i wouldnt want people to be whizzing round their local streets and then trying to explain to cops oh officer its good for my neck.
    (mine is reserved for motorway driving when its logical and sensible to up my speed)
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I've often wondered about the effects being in space wood have in arthur. Would love to go up there too.
    Count me in :D
    Colin1 wrote:
    You could apply to NASSA see if they will shoot you into space.
    Colin
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Great Idea Colin!! Went to space centre when OH & I went on Caribbean cruise 3yrs ago great place! The only way we could hang like that is 1.) find a magician who could turn us in to fruit bats or 2.) Find a vampire who could turn us in to 1970 type vampire. Other than that we will have to go to AT every day and go on AIR just to get some sleep!!! :lol:
  • amet1
    Options
    lol love your ideas, thinking of the london dungeons or the tower of london next i could spend some time asleep while they put me on the rack kill or cure me thinks :mrgreen:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    did they not used to have a divice you could strap your self to and turn up side down to help with pain relief or am i going potty lol
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi amet1
    Aww I love it, how good that must have felt, I think Val has just mentioned the tilting table...a friend of our has one to ease his back pain, so I had a go...very strange and takes a while to go completely upside down...I never got that far...but what a lovely feeling it was.
    You take care x
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi A

And fun as well :lol:

Val is right there is something you can get but they were very expensive last time I looked and that was years ago so can't remember much except it was circular and you could be upside down.

Long ago I used to hang by my knees from an old A beam and your right it does help. The beam was a bit of gentle traction as well :wink:

Think they should have just let you bring the ride home...... Cris x
  • amet1
    Options
    sounds good used to be able to do headstands lol a long time ago maybe that would do it :lol: