Venus Williams

Options
pinkbritishstars
pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
edited 27. Jun 2012, 06:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Can't help but feel sorry for Venus Williams.

What do others think??

xx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Nope, shes had her turn,time to pass the crown.Mig
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    She has Sjorngen Syndrome and it's said that's why she had to leave the tournament. x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    yep she has PBS. She's had a really bad year.

Elizabeth.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Yes she has had a bad year but so have most of us,good on her for trying to carry on but good on her for knowing its time to stop.Mig
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I think it shows that no matter how fit and healthy you are these autoimmune disorders are crippling. She has sjorgens syndrome and she has said how it has left her exhausted.
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    im not a big tennis fan - bad memories of being forced to sit and watch it endlessly with my mother when i was a kid, because she wanted the company and i wanted to be outside playing.....

shame that its illness that sent venus out - autoimmune disease does not care how rich you are, but in being among the rich, you can be assured of the very best possible treatments available.

my sympathy goes to the poor man or woman struggling to make ends meet, those with young children & who have to battle with autoimmune on top. poverty makes illness seem so much worse especially when stress can be a contributing factor.

come on folks, cheer on andy murray - the scot with the most miserable face in tennis :lol:
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    im not a big tennis fan - bad memories of being forced to sit and watch it endlessly with my mother when i was a kid, because she wanted the company and i wanted to be outside playing.....

shame that its illness that sent venus out - autoimmune disease does not care how rich you are, but in being among the rich, you can be assured of the very best possible treatments available.

my sympathy goes to the poor man or woman struggling to make ends meet, those with young children & who have to battle with autoimmune on top. poverty makes illness seem so much worse especially when stress can be a contributing factor.

come on folks, cheer on andy murray - the scot with the most miserable face in tennis :lol:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I guess I feel sorry for her insofar as I feel sorry for anyone who gets one of these cr4ppy auto-immune diseases but, at the end of the day, she's had a good sporting life and is past her best.

I feel far more sorry for our own unsung heroes and heroines on AC - the young children and their parents who have to cope with all the horrible stuff that makes us adults quake and often (just read their posts) do it without a trace of self-pity or 'why me?'.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm a big tennis fan and get enjoyment out of watching wimbeldon. And always enjoy watching the williams sister's play as they put everything into each game. So hearing that Venus Williams has PSB and has had to pull out of tennis is so sad because out of the two Venus is the better player. There are some new up and coming player's starting to come in to the game that are going to be exciting to watch as they get better and more confident at playing the game and a couple of them are British and women!
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    whoops sorry Bubbadog....PBS is short for Pink British Stars.Venus has sjogren's syndrome. sorry if I confused you.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Much as I am sorry for Venus I feel the same about anyone else who has this rubbish. I do watch the tennis.....prefer the men....but the sisters have been around a while now and its nice to see other younger players coming good.