Options
2»

Comments

• janetb
    janetb Member Posts: 9
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi cindyjonas

I too am new to this and am having pains in hand,fingers and wrists using splints which help but only short term, like you was offered injections but consultant admitted very painful and short lived so decided against, am waiting to see physio to talk about excercises and proper splints will keep you posted, take care and good luck x

Janetb
  • cindyjonas
    cindyjonas Member Posts: 31
    Options
    i am so pleased, it seems my oral steroids meds is starting to kick in, i woke up this morning and didn't have stiff fingers.

Still had the pain in the usual areas but no stiff fingers, i managed to sqeeze my toothpaste properly this morning, yeppeeeee lol
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    So glad you're starting to get some relief Cindy and it'll probably get even better yet :D

A word of warning though, remember it is the steroids which are making you feel like this and you're not cured .............sorry I don't want to put a damper on this I just know how you can come crashing down when you realise. :|

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • cindyjonas
    Options
    Hi Linda,

Yes I ws thinking that too but at least as the GP saays it is a good way to get diagnosed, I just wish that a good treatment will be started soon as see the ruma.

I am wearing my splints again and I feel better knowing that a treatment will be given.

The only worry I have (for the moment) is does the pain gonna come back wild once the cortisone wears off?
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hopefully by that time Cindy your Rheumy will have put you on some Dmards (disease modifying drugs) which will help to get it under control.

Enjoy this time and take each day as it comes. You will learn when you're having a bad day to take it a bit more easy and on good days to go for it. I'm having a really good spell at the moment because of my anti-TNF treatment, I appreciate feeling well again! :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • cindyjonas
    Options
    I'm so pleases that you are feeling well for the moment,

My ankles are still killing me but eh I suppose little by little, as long I can use my fingers I'm kinda happy.

I still don't get how the joint pain is spreading so fast but I suppose this illness is a mystery to all.
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Mine came on overnight and within three weeks I couldn't walk, feed myself or do anything so I was taken into hospital. I had a two-year old and a brand new baby :shock: ................so this disease can move like greased lightning :roll: :D

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
  • harleyquin
    harleyquin Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi I am new here today, and I was struck reading your post about the groin pain you mentioned.
    When I brought this up with my GP she told me it was probably arthritis in my hips that was causing this pain, until then I had just felt it may be muscular. (I had seen her a month before about pain in my knee)
    Sure enough a pelvic x ray showed osteo in both my hips, so I think the groin pain you mentioned may well be the same in your case too.
    It is very scary the way one affected joint can suddenly become many different ones too, like something switches on in your body.

SORRY, I got my newbies muddled up and this post should have been sent to someone else.
    Many apologies.

Harley