Pre Op Assesment - THR

Options
lazicat
lazicat Member Posts: 177
edited 29. Jun 2012, 11:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ive got my pre op assesment at Spire Hospital ( NHS patient) tomorrow !
Ive had the OHT visit today to see what equipment I need for after my operation & she had it all with her & its now in place.
Ive got several other appointments comming up
My surgery THR is 13th July all being well. It feels good to actually be getting somwhere at last , still bit nervous but ok at moment.
Im so fed up feeling like this & so much pain, cant see how it can be much worse after op really & at least I will be on the road to recovery then.

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I'll be in your pocket for pocket duties tomorrow.
    Remind me when the THR is coming up.
    I remember my blood pressure was sky high at my pre op :lol: but that was all.
    Its normal to be nervous as the op looms closer but you'll be fine....just shout, someone will be about to answer any questions you might have
    I knew nothing about it before i went for mine
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm with Hileena. I'll be there tomorrow but will need reminding for the actual op. As a veteran (I'm just a prosthesis junkie) I fully expect that it will be much, much better after the op. and I do hope so.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Be in your pocket tomorrow,good luck.Mig
  • lazicat
    Options
    Thanks everyone, its nice to have people who understand. I dont know anyone who's had a THR & infact nobody in my family has ever had an operation, so a very new experience for me.
    The pre-op assesment went really well , they had to take BP twice as it was sky high the first time & so was my heart rate.
    I had a visit from a lovely lady while I was there , who can only be decribed as a bone collector. She asked if I would donate my bone to help others with bone grafts, or for hip resurficing etc. I'm fine with that, Im not going to need it & she said its so useful to them as they dont get many patients suitable to give bone. Im youngish & healthy otherwise so mine will be going to help others , really pleased about that & all I have to do is have 2 blood tests to do it.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That sounds like a really good idea. It will be nice to think you are helping someone else.
    I'm up for pocket duties.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Its normal that your BP was up
    Mine was sky high and is usually quite normal
    I was told to see my practice nurse and get it taken again....it was still high. I ended up taking a spyhmomonometer home with me and doing my own twice a day for a week and then taking the recordings back to her.
    I was terrified the op would be postponed but it was fine....went ahead as planned
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Go Lazicat :D

I think you have done realy well. I bet it does start to feel like you are taking control again. Even better you can help someone else (maybe more than 1 someone else!).

Keep us posted!

love

Toni xxx
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi lazicat,

Sorry I'm late to this thread! Great news that your pre-op assessment went well and I'll make sure I remember to jump into your pocket in good time for the op itself :)

Best wishes,
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    All the best Lazicat for your forthcoming op.xx
  • lazicat
    Options
    Thanks everyone , you are all so very kind.
    I have actually felt alot more positive since I got my surgery date , having that firmly in my mind has really helped.
    I may still have problems after as I also have some OA in my other hip & bulge in lower discs, but they are treating the worst bit first to see what happens. I had a cortisone injection into the hip they are replaceming which gave me 24 pain free hours - so Im very hopeful its the way to go. with THR.