Elbow problems any expereince?

Options
suzygirl
suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
edited 6. Aug 2012, 03:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all, I have been having problems with my elbow fo ra few weeks now and it is just getting worse. It is so hot you could fry an egg on it!!!! :lol: It is also swollen, but so is the other one. I am flaring since finishing the steroids, but the elbow pain is something else.

I have tried ice, biofreeze, pain killers don't touch it. Movement, lifting really hurts and at night it locks.

The rheumy nurse has done bloods and will see me in 3 weeks and may either give me an steroid jab in it or refer me to physio.

Trouble is in the meantime, its agony, am unable to use my crutches. Anyone had this or similar? Any tips? I was wondering if it was bursitis (had this in shoulder and hip before) or the tendons, but didnt think the joint would lock if that was the case?

Thanks for tips

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Suzy
    Sorry I have only just seen this, I dont have RA, so I wont be of much help, I have had tennis elbow, but like you said it didnt lock with that...was just blinking painful.
    Can you not see your GP, 3 weeks is an awful long time away when you are in pain like that.
    Dont you just love Arthur if he doesn't get one thing he finds another.
    I do hope you get some rel8ife very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Sorry Suzy

i also hav r a sorry i cannot help :(
  • gizmobabe
    gizmobabe Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi,

I have had my problems with my elbow, it was the fact that I couldn't straighten my left arm that finally got me a diagnosis ( PA). I find my elbow is the worst pain I get with from my little friend Arthur, however I got a steroid injection about 14 months ago, and since then I can straighten it, and it only occasionally niggles. Hopefully the steroid will work.At my worst I couldn't brush my hair or put on my bra.

I'm sorry to hear you are in a similar boat, fingers crossed for you it doesn't last to long xxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Thanks gizmobabe, I am still waiting for my injection. Hopefully that is next week. Glad to hear the injection settled yours.