Articles/leaflets for my husband to read?

Options
Harlansmummy
Harlansmummy Member Posts: 89
edited 28. Jun 2012, 07:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
My husband has always coped with my depression and anxiety very well as he has similar problems, so he can understand it.

However he is finding it much harder to deal with the increasing physical limitations I have. Don't get me wrong, he is brilliant for bringing me my meds if I can't get out of bed, making hot water bottles (biiig help!) etc.

He gets so grumpy though, and I know I am also (a bit :wink: ) grumpy when pain is bad. He says he doesn't understand it and to be fair a few years ago I thought arthritis was pretty much an 'old person's' disease that gave you a few aches and pains. Boy have I had a wake-up call!!

So can you recommend any links I can send him to read?
Twenty-something mother, home educating my wonderful son and currently TTC.

My particular flavour of arthritis is yet to be confirmed

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    look at top of page there are some leaflets you can down load tell him to think what it would be like if some one turned the gravity up and filled his shoes with stones and put tight bandages on joints it no fun and you get down when you feel your body is giving up val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Yes.....the top of the page you can download whatever leaflets you want to.
    The other thing is....what about your hospital? I'm an information volunteer and one of my jobs is to go to our local hospital and fill up the arthritis stand. In this case its in the physio waiting room and to put magazines out on the tables in the main waiting room.
    Good luck
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    You could also google The Spoon Theory, which is an excellent way of explaining the fluctuating energy levels/fatigue and The Gorilla in the Room.

Whatever you do/don't do, keep talking to each other about how arthritis affects both of you. It's important.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright