Advice.... please!

Options
lozzC
lozzC Member Posts: 27
edited 28. Jun 2012, 18:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey,
I posted last week not long after my RA diagnosis... I am not sure if its the weather or the stress I have been going through this week but the pain seems to have been a million times worse than normal this week... Nothing stops it, even the duvet cover touching my hands and feet have been too painful... I have battled on at work until today where my 'very understanding boss' (NOT) informed me how terrible I looked and how awful I have looked all week....
I am not going in tomorrow and have friday off so I will at least get a bit of rest...

BUT...

I have just had a phone call about an interview for a new part time job on Monday... which would be great!!
However.... with all the pain this week I am utterly exhausted and no amount of sleep or rest seems to be helping.

I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on where to find the secret energy tree.... or do I just need to wait for it to pass and hope I am feeling better over the weekend...

:) xxx

Comments

• Harlansmummy
    Harlansmummy Member Posts: 89
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    No idea on the energy front but if you do find that tree then send me some seeds please :lol:

Good luck with the interview :D
    Twenty-something mother, home educating my wonderful son and currently TTC.

My particular flavour of arthritis is yet to be confirmed
  • lozzC
    Options
    haha! thanks.... I feared that might be the case....

I will send the seeds if.... when (I'm a glass half full kinda gal) I find them!!

:lol:

xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi,The weather can be a factor with arthritis ,heat.cold or air pressure can effect joints,sometimes just 1 or all of them,at the moment this muggy weather is causing my joints to be puffy and achey,its a subject that often crops up on the forum.
    May i wish you the best of luck with the interview,will be in your pocket cheering you on.Being in someones pocket is what we do to offer support to someone whos maybe going to an appointment or interiew like you.Mig
  • lozzC
    Options
    Thank you :)

It means a lot!
    I am very new to this... I can't believe how quickly my body has rebelled against me!!
    I have a lot to learn. Glad I have found the right place!

:D
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Lozz, I'd say it's half weather and half Arther! I'm feeling really fatigued at the moment, and put mine down to the above! So I'm trying to rest when I can and have a Bannana because that's surpose to be an energy giving food! But I think it's a case of more rest and less moving! Fingers crossed you feel alright by the weekend and for Monday.
  • lozzC
    Options
    Bananas it is! I will send the OH out immediately to pick some up!! hehe. I have dutifully taken the rest of the week off, which I am rubbish at doing, and rest is on the books!

Thanks for the fingers crossed... however I am jealous you can cross your fingers :lol:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hi Lozz
    Welcome from me and good luck with the interview too.

This utter exhaustion we get is ridiculous eh? I'm suffering at the minute with yet another flare up and boy am I exhausted..
    I call it being hit by THE PAIN DRAIN TRAIN lol

Best wishes
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,447
    Options
    Oh Loz :(

I have been exactly the same - so the sheet hurts!!! ((())) for you!

The secret energy tree was lost a while back along with skezier's 'sope' :roll:

My only suggestion is that you take 'power naps' (set the alarm) and take your medication as prescribed.

I hope you can get to the interview because part-time would be the way to go if you can afford to.

Love and luck

Toni xxx
  • clanckyclara
    clanckyclara Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi
    It does sound as though you are experiencing quite a strong flare at the moment. I don't know what meds you are on at the moment but in view of your interview and lifestyle why not contact your rheumatologist or GP about the possibility of a course of steroids or injection to get you through it? Used properly they really are a wonder drug.
    Steroids as a first point of call are frowned on but when you are unable to function properly I would say go for it!
    Hope you feel better soon.
    Judy
  • lozzC
    Options
    Well I took today off which I NEVER do an I am also not in tomorrow... I have spent today sleeping.... and getting up doing not much and falling back asleep again... I really needed it!

Toni- At least it's warm enough not to need a duvet atm!! I couldn't imagine what it must be like when it's freezing! Especially here out heating is more than interesting!! When I find some energy I will re-start the energy tree search! Until then I will keep up with the power nap advice! :)

Judy- I am newly diagnosed, and I am starting Mxt next week once my GP and Rheumatologist work out who is doing what... :S They have been great with getting my diagnosis but I have been pretty pants at keeping the pain under control... This week however has been particularly bad...
    I have had the steroid injection and I have also been steroid tablets since march (and now officially look like a chipmonk) and my consultant is surprised how much pain I am still in... however she did say they would be masking pain so I'm carrying them on until I get the mxt started... I can't wait to be off them though! Its coming up to month 5 on them.... Most things I have read say short term use.... not sure how short term, short term is meant to be!

xx