Bad Night

Options
lazicat
lazicat Member Posts: 177
edited 29. Jun 2012, 12:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had the worst night last night, pain of OA Hip unbearable, couldnt get comfortable or sleep. Trouble is my back aches, neck & shoulder too as my posture is so bad , pain relief doesnt seem to be doing much & Im on alot. I keep getting hot flushes & sweats & I dont think Im menopausal yet , could it be my medication or is it a symptom of OA ?
Eventually I fell asleep about 6am on the sofa with a hot cup of tea in my hand , scalded myself & my poor cat Lacey who was on my lap. She's siamese & has been very vocal to me today, she's not forgiven me yet !

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lazycat

Sorry to hear this , it horrid i cannot help you as i have had back problems these last few days and do not know how to get any relief myself .
    I have been lying on the office floor for half an hour and have just emerged to take a telephone call and answer some emails :lol:
    I hope you find some relief very soon and i'm sure other members will be along to help you shorlty .

Lots of hugs ((()))xx
    p.s poor **** she really is unhappy with you bless her .I have a brown spotted bengal she has the same unforgiving nature :)

karen
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hi Lazicat hope your feeling a little better, You never said what meds your on but i'm sure some meds can cause the sweats. Now as for your Lacey being very vocal What was it she was saying, I'm sure it was something to do with that hot cup of tea. have you thought about asking the GP for stronger pain killers. Offten pain killers take time to build up in your system and you need to take then regula rather than just when you get the pain.
    Take care
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Lazicat

I am so sorry to hear that. I am not surprised though after reading your other thread about your poor husband and his fall and you having a THR in a couple of weeks. Stress is not good at the best of time and can and does make any physical symptoms worse.

I have a torn rotator cuff so I know that it is no great fun at all, so my sympathy goes out to him big time. I won't go into details but I just have to put up with it and it is a bit limiting as well as painful at times. Anti inflammatories work fairly well though. Post op recovery takes a long time after a torn rotator cuff op so I hope he does not have to go down that road in the very near future and hopefully not at all. It would be a great shame if you have to cancel your op, wouldn't it? Oh these things are sent to try us, aren't they? :roll:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    lack of sleep or constantly disturbed sleep is one of the worst problems apart from the pain.

boots have these new fangled hot water bottles that are like gel rather than rubber. in my own desperation i got one and fill this was water from the cold tap and use it on the hot joints. they start off really cold and soothing and then the water balances out to the body temperature and you then drift off to sleep with the water bottle as lovely padding for the painful joint.

they dont work every time, but its a suggestion that might help you a bit.

these bottles can also be filled with ice cubes which you smash up a bit if too large to go in hole and work far far better than any ice pack i ever tried. (an invention by my oh when ive been screaming or whimpering in pain with knees)

i also find sometimes that is better to wear more bedclothes and chuck the quilts off a bit for keeping your temperature down in bed. (ive had 18months of 50 min sleeps so tried a lot in that time :) )