hey ho off I go!

ELAINE55555
ELAINE55555 Member Posts: 123
edited 4. Jul 2012, 17:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
I take a lot of comfort from reading all your posts. Im off to Croatia tomorrow on the back of hubbys motorbike, as weve done fot the last 10 years. However, its the first time since I got this bl..dy RA. To say I'm a bit worried is an understatement! Any tips for potential problems with the heat and methotrexate?

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    hi dry heat helps me so with luck that will be ok. as for rest make sure you have your meds and pain meds val
    val
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Wow, good for you. I have no tips to help I'm afraid, but I'm full of admiration. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and the RA behaves.

I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Good luck!

Susie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    The best of luck Elaine, have a wonderful time and I hope you are able to forget about the RA as you whizz along! Let us know how it went, yes? Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Make sure you have plenty of rest stops.
    I remember our motorbike holidays. I was young and fit then, but I used to seize up. Mind you, my OH didn't like to stop very often!
    Have a lovely time, and I look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.
    Numpty
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Hope you have a great holiday :-)

xxx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    sorry elaine

no tips , but have a fantastic time

karen xx
  • Harlansmummy
    Harlansmummy Member Posts: 89
    Sounds amazing! Lots of stops so you can stretch a bit, don't forget to take enough medication with you, and enjoy :)
    Twenty-something mother, home educating my wonderful son and currently TTC.

My particular flavour of arthritis is yet to be confirmed
  • Niknak
    Niknak Member Posts: 44
    Hey Elaine you go girl, hope you have an amazing time. We just came back from Cyprus a couple of weeks ago hot hot hot, my little girl is on methotrexate, we just kept her really hydrated and out of the sun at peak times. Must say this is the brownest I've ever seen her I think that's due to being more sensitive to sun cos of methotrexate, we had a heat wave here before we went and noticed she was burning in the sun which she never has before and she's mixed race. However, we invested in p20 suntan lotion a bit more pricey than most lotions but did the trick. And the sun well best form of vitamin d,. Have a fab time luv chrissy xxx