dla form help. do i put worse days info down on form.

mumoftwoboys
mumoftwoboys Member Posts: 24
edited 2. Jul 2012, 07:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
im wanting to claim dla, do i have to put the info down about when im having my worsed days.
as you all know it varies. some days i dont need any help at all some days i cant do anything.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Base your answers on the bad days as that will show the difficulties you face when things are rough. They need to know that information in order to understand why you are applying. Good luck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    As DD say base it on you worst days
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    i was told to complete the form as if it was one of my bad days too. i actually got help from the CAB, the lady who filled in the form with me was wonderful.

best of luck to you xx
  • mumoftwoboys
    i was going to base it on bad days . when it says how many times a day and week for things i get confused.
    i went to cab last week and asked if i could claim dla and he more or less said no point. he was awful.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I doubt that he was awful, mumoftwoboys, I suspect he was just being realistic. The government have clamped down on this benefit and when you read the cases in the papers of those who have been caught out you can see why. (The latest cheat was running her own business, was filmed scuba diving and dancing despite claiming she was bed-ridden.) The nett result is that those who genuinely qualify have to leap through various hoops to gain the financial help they need. Everyone feels entitled but whether they are is far harder to determine. Once you have filled in the form take a copy of it for your records so that if your application has to go to appeal you can see what you answered. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Yes they want to know about how you are on your worse days. Good luck with it.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    I know some of the questions are difficult How many times, how many days, but you have to wing it put in all the bad stuff and treat it all like its your worse day. I understand you want to be honest but you need to give it all you got because they are so tuff on people now turning them down.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi
    Yes put your worst day, and keep a record of what you have put
    Good luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Hiya

Yes definately base it on your worse days.

Another tip I found helped was that you need to answer each question in a certain way eg if the question is

How far can you walk before it becomes too painful?

Do NOT answer

I can walk .... Metres before it becomes too painful.

ANSWER

I am unable to walk further ..... Metres as my knees/hips/back become very painful due to my arthritis and I am in danger of falling as I have in the past.

Answer nearly every question with the reason why you are unable to do something, even if it means repeating the same thing over and over. By saying that you may fall and that you have in the past (obviously only say if true) then this is taken into account as being a potential danger to your well being.

Often the forms are scan read so by answering in the negative at the start of the sentence means this will be seen and you will be awarded points.

I must repeat tho, never lie. If you can walk a mile then say so.

Fols x

Edited to add: do it online so you can keep a record of it. Plus it gets processed quicker.
  • mumoftwoboys
    finished the forms. i based it on worsed days but i feel like im a fraudster. cos these things dont happen every day. it looks like im a total invalid and cant do anything my self, the way its all worded.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the claim.. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP