Who will admit to going in Pound Shops

Options
2»

Comments

• earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    you can buy some things in there so cheaply that it allows you to resell them on ebay for a profit. i used to buy lots of a certain £1 item and sell it on ebay for £4 and it was snapped up rapidly. the price in shops was £7 - £8 and i had been buying it for years. i still do from time to time when i remember to go there as its quite heavy lifting.

well obviously im not going to tell you what it is am i? duh :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • littleglob
    littleglob Member Posts: 5
    Options
    love £1 shops :D my little boy loves his silly putty, he has ADHD & loves to fiddle with stuff & this is great for him. xx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Love them along with boot sales and second hand shops
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Must admit our nearest one is Darlington so unless we go in there for shopping do not go...but would use it more if it was nearby... They do have some great deals but not always the stuff we use. Covers for the front of phones are brilliant ...i cut them down to fit my phone.. At the end of the day it is all about getting a good deal and making our pennies go further..
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi all,

My hands are up i love pound shops i spend a fortune given the chance my problem is carrying the bundles of bags when i get out... :D

lexy.
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • SarahACEV
    SarahACEV Member Posts: 10
    Options
    i regularly spend £40 in our local pound shop but i walk out with like 100 bags worth of stuff :oops:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I love the places, we even have a 99p shop in Deadcat!, sorry I mean Didcot, and it's a really handy place, some stuff is rubbish and some times you need to make sure it really is cheaper but all in all they are very good.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I've never been in a pound shop. But the local charity shops are great for bargains. OH bought 2 T shirts brand new for a pound each and regularly buys designer brands for a fraction of the price.

Great article Elna!
    Elizabeth :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    What's to not admit about it? My grandson came the other week and I immediately went to Oxfam and got some toys and books. No problem.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    We have a new one in my local town. we have many empty shops and when a new one comes it is usually a pound land, pawn shop,charity shop,discount etc. Sign o the times i love em though. I am sad to see shops that have been round years just vanish very sad indeed. from joanne
    Joanne
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Fray Bentos steak and kidney pudding, 99p, scrumptious!
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Pound Shops RULE!!

7worlds
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    I admit to going in and they sell stuff that sort of replaces the long gone hardware shop - where supermarkets now sell stuff but much dearer....my daughter bought loads of little pressies for classmates which looked nice, like notebooks and chocs...
    plus Poundland actually refunded someting wich i know is only a poundshop but something my daughter bought who hasnt much money, i expected them to say no but they were smashing - you can have more trouble getting £50 back in big stores etc...the item broke and for a pound you could say well its expected but she was devastated and they gave her money back, v polite staff.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    That's one thing I've wondered about pound shops. They do sell a lot of things which do break quickly and I bet many people don't take things back. I think they should. Just because it was only £1, doesn't mean we should waste our money. I bet they make a lot of money by buying in cheap breakable products.
    Christine