Brian and Mrs C

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 2. Jul 2012, 07:46 in Community Chit-chat archive
I was in Hospital ill yet again Mrs C sat holding my hand, eyes full of tears, She looked so upset I looked at her and said Darling You know what?
You have been with me through hell all through the bad times.
When I got fired, you were there to support me.
When my business failed, you were there.
When I got shot, you were by my side.
When we lost the house, you stayed right here.
And When my health started failing, you were still by my side...
You know what Mrs C"
"What dear?" she gently asked, smiling as her heart began to fill with warmth.
"I'm beginning to think you're a F
g Jinks

A man walked out to the street and caught a taxi just going by. He got into the taxi, and the cabbie said, "Perfect timing. You're just like Brian"
Passenger: "Who?"
Cabbie: "Brian . He's a guy who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along when you needed a cab, things happen like that to Brian, every single time."
Passenger: "There are always a few clouds over everybody."
Cabbie: "Not Brian ..... He was a terrific athlete. He could have won the Grand Slam at tennis. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera baritone and danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play the piano. He was an amazing guy."
Passenger: "Sounds like he was something really special."
Cabbie: "There's more. He had a memory like a computer. He remembered everybody's birthday. He knew all about wine, which foods to order and which fork to eat them with. He could fix anything. Not like me. I change a fuse, and the whole street blacks out. But Brian , he could do everything right."
Passenger: "Wow. Some guy then."
Cabbie: "He always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams. Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in them. But Brian, he never made a mistake, and he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good. He would never answer her back even if she was in the wrong; and his clothing was always immaculate, shoes highly polished too. He was the perfect man! He never made a mistake. No one could ever measure up to Brian ........"
Passenger: "An amazing fellow. How did you meet him?"

Cabbie: "Well, I never actually met Brian. He died. I'm married to his widow.
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :lol:
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    my oh is called brian and its really funny cos the name keeps coming up everywhere in tv ads etc - the worst one being that money supermaket.com which makes my head think evil deeds.

anyhow i worked out that its some conspiracy to get all the brians lured into a spot where they will be kidnapped by aliens or something, who confused their name with brain. (i must have too much time on my hands to think up all this crap lol)
  • jilly
    jilly Member Posts: 503
    Options
    OMG Colin you have really made me and my hubby laugh on a very boring day , it is horrible weather here and we needed to be cheered up ...thanks ....jillx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Glad it put a smile on your face
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE