FUN RUN

Options
fowls48
fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
edited 2. Jul 2012, 14:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Afternoon Folks .
Hope you are all well .
I have just come back from gunnersbury park where i have just helped to marshalll a fun run .
I had a great time and was glad the heavens did not open untill i got home .
we have all sorts of people entering the race they did really well . the course was 2 1/2 laps 10k .
I was really annoyed as 2 wimmin as( tj calls em) walking around were at least 30 mins behind the rest of the runners , They did not do the full circuit and had a cheek to finish before completing which is unfare to the other runners . :shock: :roll: :x
Any way i met some lovely dogs all shapes and sizes , and thoroughly enjoyed my self (sorry have not got my glasses on .
Had a great day and looking forward to the next one .

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good day Fowls, I have to say that I find the term 'fun run' a complete oxymoron but each to their own! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fowls48
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I'm glad you had a good day Fowls, I have to say that I find the term 'fun run' a complete oxymoron but each to their own! DD
    Yes DD i agree,
    there are Many good Athletes that take part and they are Amazing, the best times are 32 minutes and they still have enough energy too ride home on their bikes its incredible .The rest are made up of keeping fit and then the ones who are training for the marathon .
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It must be lovely to have those energy levels. (DD sighs a wistful sigh.) Sometimes just getting out of bed finishes me off for the day! I hated running (thanks to a large chest) but loved paying tennis in my youth. I do miss that. Anyhoo, good on you for being a marshall, these things couldn't take place without good-hearted souls like yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Well done fowles
    Some great dogs hey, what about the people or where you confused because you never had your glasses on. Great to be involved hey and great to be giving your time
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • fowls48
    Options
    Do Not be deceived DD and Colin

I actually get paid to do this rather handsomely :lol: But i do enjoy it very much .
    I also think you may be correct about my glasses i was wearing them but they must have got steamed up . :lol:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,473
    Options
    Well done you Fowls :)

I used to do fun runs!! and theye were fun in those days.....mind even then they would set my back off :roll:

Love

Toni xxx
  • fowls48
    Options
    Hi Tni

Hope you are well , i doubt if i could even walk the circuit now i must admit my feet were killing me .
    I have to take my hat off to some of the runners as there are some in their 60's and 70's they really are fab .
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,473
    Options
    Not so bad thanks Fowls Hope you are coping ok (tell your bro need some more jokes - read all Ron's :wink: )

It is good to see the older people doing so well isn't it :)

Love

Toni xxx