The Banks

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 2. Jul 2012, 11:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
The rate-rigging scandal has claimed its first scalp as Barclays confirmed its chairman Marcus Agius is to step down.

Mr Agius, who was chairman for six years, said: "This has been a period of unprecedented stress and turmoil for the banking industry in particular and for the wider world economy in general."

Whos faults that then
Its bad when you have no faith or trust in the people that lead the country
We just assume they are doing the right thing, How come this never came to light when we bailed the banks out. How come they paid a fine of 300 million but we had to give them money to bail them out.
How come they are not in Jail with some of the Politicians.
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Barclays has always had an 'iffy' reputation, wasn't there some conncection between them and the apartheid regime in South Africa? Taxpayers didn't bail out Barclays, that began with Northern Rock and includes LLoyds TSB and RBS (I think) but not the eagle-emblemed one. All that has happened is that they have been caught out, just as the polliticos were with the expenses scandal and latterly Jimmy Carr (though why he was pilloried for doing something legal is beyond me).

Power leads to arrogance, it always has and it always will. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned Merchant banker rhymes with w****r.
    Joking apart the whole banking issue show's how deep the rot goes between bankers and MP, they both have one God and that's money, problem is banking is hugh here (it's way to big to be honest) it's around 40% og our GDP!.
    Sadly I'm not sure much can be done by us the plebs we can write to our MP's etc but that wont make any difference as the MP's wont want to feck the bankers up as the city is where washed up MP's end up anyway, same goes for the EU if we had a vote on it the out vote would win but we won't ever be allowed to have a say as were not in a democracy although they tell you we are simply repeating the mantra seems to work as people actually belive the c**p that their told?, and anyway like the city the EU is where the washed out MP's go when there's no banking jobs going.
    My view is the voting public cocked up last time round, if people had voted for the second choice system we'd have had a good chance of getting Proportional representation on the choice sheet as the second choice system was crap and would have caused so much hassle MP's would have had to give in and allowed another vote on change by us the plebs but this time with proprotional rep on the ticket but now were stuffed as the same old stale system was voted for, not thinking outside the box is what they wanted us to do and many did so, they got us to give them the result they wanted so it's all our fault slick or what?, the same stale old boy network where your in for life if you play your cards right rermains and will for ever now, proportional rep would have made them far more accountable to US so ther cushy job for life would be history but we fecked up big time.
    Also the limited EU referendum Dave is now touting to the press is simply a slight of hand to deflected attaention from the banks right now. Cameron is a bankers best mate and can't be trusted an inch, but without strong/robust rules and full culpability in the UK banking sector then the criminality that infests it will survive and it will carry on feeding of us as before, (Leopards and spots come to mind) if left is their posts and without the risk of puinshment hanging over them they the bankers and traders will simply move on and find another rich avenue to rag the **** out of, if no one is prought to book NOW for this blatent criminality then in another 15 odd years or so this will simply happen again.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Just watching the BBC news at 16,15hrs and it's PM's question time and Cameron is still touting his EU Referendum slight of hand trick, it's total hogwash, he's not put any solid ideas down he's just waffling on to track the attention away from his banker mates.