Going to Consultant Today

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 6. Jul 2012, 17:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Off to see the Lung Consultant at 3pm catch you all tonight
This is a story worth telling ill tell you about it later.
Colin
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good Luck Colin

Hope all goes well .
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you.

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,948
    Options
    Hello Colin.
    i hope everything goes well.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I hope all goes well Colin.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hope all goes well..
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Sorry I'm a bit late for this, but I hope all went well.

Susie
  • Colin1
    Options
    What a day i should have posted this on LWA but at the time i did not know but hers the story anyway.
    Ok here goes in 2009 I had first Heart attack, breathing became noticibly not wright but not causing a problem. Heart doctor said its because I have been on oxygen for a long time with the heart attack and Pneumonia your breathing will go ok in time.

6 months later Breathing got worse RA flair ended up in hospital Told I had COPD

3 Months later back in hospital problems breathing and other stuff. Seen by a Consultant who told me I had pulmonary fibrosis and there was nothing they could do to help me. Prognosis 6 months to 3 years.

2 months later in hospital with tummy problems Professor came to see me and told me it was scaring on my lungs from when I had TB, I havent had TB , yes you have , no I havent, on it went so he told me dispit the fact that TB wiped out half my family in the 50s I survived at and became immune to it. Ok hes the Prof I believe him

6 months later I see the consultant in clinic he says its Emphysema I go ballistic he says no chance it was caused by TB and the scan shows COPD / Emphysema
    So its not going to kill me. I produced the letter his oppo sent confirming pulmonary fibrosis its just COPD he said. well thats about three years ago now and no I never got an apology.

Anyway the breathings gone from bad to worse seen the consultant today Guess what he changed his mind I now have Bronchiolitis caused by RA in my lungs. I feel like crap but think he may well be right this time. However I’m going to put it on the shelf till next weekend I don’t want to deal with now just had enough for the moment. Ill read up when I’m feeling better could sure drink a bottle of brandy now and why the hell I stopped smoking I just don’t know. I hate it when I cant control something and this damned RA is getting to be a little annoying now. Its from head to foot effecting my liver heart and now lungs. Its also in my voice box and throat. So singing is out of the question tonight and dancing well that went out the window 8 years ago with me legs. But hey look at me can I type or can I type just look at that middle finger go. I was going to start that diet today LOL but I think its on the back boiler for a while. Anyway this is turning into the chronicles of Colin so ill come to a close and go find some humour or at least something a little light hearted.
    Colin
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm sorry you didn't get better news Colin.
    Is your RA sero positive? Mine is, and my rheumy told me that's the type most likely to affect internal organs.
    You are amazing, and I'm sure your sense of humour will see you through this, though it must be hard to find the funny side sometimes!
    Thinking of you, and wishing you well.
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Colin, I'm sorry. You've had a tough day and a tough several years. I don't part with these easily so make the most of them. (((())))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Colin.. You are a true LEG END... :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • fowls48
    Options
    Colin

Sorry you had a bad day , you really are going through the mill :( and i have had the cheek to moan about my back :roll: :oops:
    Well i should be giving up smoking but i am gonna go and have one for the pair of us at ,work so no brandy : :( .

I hope you have a nice relaxing painfree day today , try to clear your head .
    hugs and kisses (((())))xxxx

karen.
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Sorry to hear your going through a bad time, hope things improve for you soon. ((()))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Colin I am sorry I missed this yesterday..and sorry you have had more bad news...you do remind me of my eldest brother...life throw all sorts at him, and still he would come up with a joke and a smile....I really do wish you well...you really are a bright spark on this forum... :)
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Options
    Hey Folks sorry i never got back to you all sooner, thanks for the good wishes, Numpty i never asked and she has never said anything. Once again thanks all.
    Colin
  • tjt6768
    Options
    lol...
    Barbara called you a bright spark... Lol
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    ((((Hugs)))) from me Colin I reckon you could do with a squeeze.

Lots of love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tjt6768
    Options
    my word :shock: :o :shock: :o:lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Options
    Yes tony i'm positivly glowing and feeling very huged
    Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    and from me too Colin.

I am sorry they mucked you about so much, but at least now you know.

an extra HUG from me.

Toni xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Colin, I am sorry to hear that you have been mucked about so much. It makes it harder to deal with something, when you are unsure what it is.

Take care
  • fowls48
    Options
    Hi Colin

Hope you are feeling better , sorry things have been bad for you and the doctors could not make up their minds.

Huggs and kisses from me too you .((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    karen.