painful feet

Options
cheekygirl
cheekygirl Member Posts: 128
edited 9. Jul 2012, 14:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
:( hi guys please can anyone tell me if they are suffering like me with thier feet i am in agony and so swollen . the podiatrist said oh its just arthritis ???? like its not a problem huh .i am getting bad cramp too thats lasting like a hour a time .thanku guys for listening to me moan .take care gentle hugs xxxxxx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It might be arthritis, cheekygirl. I'm sorry, I can't remember whether or not you have arthritis in your feet. But the podiatrist isn't the best person to diagnose it. If you have it there, or if you think you may have it there, you should see your GP or rheumatologist.

I'm currently having very similar problems and I'm pretty sure it's caused by my new insoles. Good supporting shoes are very important not just for arthritic feet but all the joints above them. I'd get it checked out if I were you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    the pain can be awfull have you tried soaking in tepid water and see doc it worse than toothache ((())) val
    val
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I can confirm that Arthritis in you feet and Ankles does hurt. Keep taking the meds and try to rest them. Its a bit like driving a car with a broken engine, the more you drive it the worse it gets.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • cheekygirl
    Options
    :) thanku you guys i appreciate your comments i got docs this afternoon .take care
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Dear Cheekygirl

i have the same problems and i'm sure the insoles i was given are making thinks worse , i have cramps all the time down my left thigh , will be seeing doctor later today .will let you know what happens .
    Sorry you are in so much pain :(
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    Hi CheekyG

I soak mine in cold water (carefully now after a silly feet cooling accident :oops: )

When your feet hurt it IS pretty dreadful isn't it? :(

Hope you will try to get some professional advice this week

Love

Toni xx
  • cheekygirl
    Options
    :) hi again thankyou all for your help .i went to see my GP she said yes it is arthritis in my feet and also nuropathy <dont know if i spelt that correctly> ha .plus 4 years ago i broke my foot in bed just by turning over and the joint is now arthritic . so i will just get on with it like we all do .positive attitude . and carry on .hope you all well .take care xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I don't know anything about neuropathy but I do like your attitude. Beds are dangerous places :wink: I broke a hip in bed. :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I’ve had a look and it seems to be damage to the local peripheral nervous system. I’ve posted a definition and link below.
    neuropathy /neu•rop•a•thy/ (ndbobr-rop´ah-the) a functional disturbance or pathological change in the peripheral nervous system, sometimes limited to non-inflammatory lesions as opposed to those of neuritis.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/neuropathy

Just remember that if you have issues/damage to the neuropathic nerve system in your feet you might find normal pain killers to be a bit ineffective, they normal advise you also take one of the 16 types of Tricyclic antidepressant as well, although they were designed for depression in low doses they work as a neuropathic pain control. They will normally start you off with Nortriptyline.(another link for you)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricyclic_antidepressant

I loved the quote by the podiatrist who said “oh its just arthritis”, isn’t it odd how some people have no understanding about what they are on about, if it’s only arthritis I have then why will need both knees replaced when the pain gets too great for me to be able to walk in the future?, I these educated idiots never fail to surprise me.
    Sorry rant over!
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Busy on here today isn't it? :lol: