the truth is out there

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 4. Jul 2012, 15:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well what a great day for CERN, the hunt for the Higgs is over just about, this is one of those times when you remember what you were doing when the news broke, a type of JFK moment for those into quantum physics and science in general.
This now confirms that the standard model of the universe is correct, simply because without the Higgs the universe can't exist, maths postualted it was there way back in 1966 but it's only now can we build a machine like CERN to hunt for it. This is more ground breaking than Einstein’s theory of relativity better known as e=mc2. Maths has been proved time and again to be the one true language of the universe, it predicts and we then search and find and again this has been proved to be the case.
oh and what's so interesting about the Higgs?, it simply gives everything mass and this leads on to gravity and for this reason it's been called the God particle.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,473
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mell

I will remember where I was.....well that my kitchen didnt exist when the news broke that they found it.

Thanks for the explanation - makes a bit of sense now :wink:

(Mell is brainy :wink: )

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh right Toni that sounds like you've got a singularity hiding under your sink, probably came from CERN, if you try and get it out the door with a broom handle wrapped in tin foil that should do it and then your kitchen will come back into this bit od space time!.
    Oh yeah I almost forgot wrap your head in tin foil as well!.
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Hey Mell thats goodin mate, i wont go on to much because i dont want to sectioned LOl but yes i agree.
    CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research ) the contents of the nucleus – the basic building blocks of the Universe What fantastic times we are in for the research of Quantum Physics I always believed they would find a Higgs Boson but don,t think its anything to do with God. I think we have gone through quite a time since the 50s but now CERN has come into its own with the Collider. At the risk of sounding nuts I believe we are on the verge of a breakthrough in time travel Present to future, present to past. Are we the spacemen. Ill say no more for fear of getting thrown off the site LOL But yes great times for the history of the world.
    colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    we all know that this us a cover..
    The God particle can only be found in Ra's DNA sequence..
    True story :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    my Oh says,
    "why do you read all that stuff about CERN you don't understand it"
    well he is right i don't, but you know what i like reading about it
    and watching all about it..
    whatever floats your boat..
    so carry on mell interesting reading..
    georgie
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thanks mel but why did they spend all that money when they already knew???? they could have used it for good but would probably been used for guns
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi all sorry for the late reply it's been a long day, I was going to post a bit more on the Higgs but have decided not to as I have a head ache and I'd imagine you've all had a gut full of the dear old Higgs Boson for now, it's safe to say though that this one discovery is much bigger than anything that's come before, we now live in a totally different world, as Colin said what an amazing time of discovery we live in, I'm still stunned by what CERN have managed to do, all my quantum physics books now need updating as they are now offically out of date.