I saw a Tambourine fly through the air... gulp.

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 5. Jul 2012, 11:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
I went to see a local rock band ( Hectors House ) at a well known haunted North Manchester pub last Saturday.
Anyway, four of us were sat at a table talking when the band had a break at the interval.
The lead singer left his Tambourine on top of a speaker about 6 ft high next to us. As we were chatting, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the Tambourine fly through the air about 10 ft, and land on the carpet.
I said to my firends " did you just see what I just saw " and all three said they did, and so did the barmaid.
Before anyone says the obvious, I was drinking orange juice, I still can't believe it a few days later. Alanthemanc

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Alan

Was it the vibration of the speakes??

Or was it indeed a wee ghostie? :shock: d025.gif

Love

Toni xx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I believe you

I'm the guy who believes in time travel so i have no problem with tamborines at least they are saucer shaped. I belive in something just not sure its ghosts.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Frog
    Definately Not the the speaker vibration. I couldn't believe what I saw, the tambourine just didn't drop down on to the floor.. it flew across the room, we all just looked at each other.
    I'm not one of these paranormal believers, but this was something else.
    Alanthemanc

Colin
    We witnessed something very, very unusual. I went back there last night to talk to the barmaid again just to make sure, and sure enough, she confirmed what we all said
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    That Ghost

Was having a hissey fit , maybe he wanted more music :lol:
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    a gostie :mrgreen:

but i believe you did see that Tambourine flying through the air..
    lots of unexplained things happen
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    Alan

you don't have to convince me!! I knwo you are not easily spooked :shock:

It was a ghostie I think :?

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I have lots of ghost tales but I wont bore you with them, but I do believe there is something in it, I would love to have been there.
    It drives me mad when you are the only one to see it, but when there is a few of you...brilliant.
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I was born and lived in a haunted house until I was 23 so I have a very open mind where this kind of thing is concerned, I know I like science and go with logic most of the time but I've seen stuff move on it's own so I'm not going to take the rise out of you or what you saw, have you tried and find out about the building it was in on the web or have you asked the owners about it?, is it known to be haunted do you know??.
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    Oh yes. I'm open-minded to this sort of stuff, but using the term "ghost" feels so wrong to me.

'Ghost' is is what we call the strange happenings that we cannot explain, but 'ghost' is such an incorrect term to use and thanks to the horror clique, hollywood and silly programmes on TV of 'ghost' hunters, the word 'ghost' has lost all original meaning and led to a mass concept that ghosts are beings who have not passed on to the plain after death.

I believe that the unexplainable happenings, such as what you saw with the tambourine, is to do with a form of energy that has not really been named or looked in to deeply by scientists etc. Some people call this 'spiritual energy' but I don't think even that is a correct term for it. But since we have so little understanding of it, and have no true name for it, we can only settle for half-acceptable terms.

I used to live in a house that was rather old and had a lot of this energy. An intersting thing was divining. Two copper rods bent in to an L shape, so you have handles. Hold the two rods very loosely in your hands so they are free to spin around, holding them just enough so that they don't fall to the floor. Or you could use a piece of pipe or something to slot the rod handles in to so they can spin freely and hold the pipes as handles. Hold them in front of you about 8-10 inches apart, the rods pointing straight in front of you and very slowly move around the room with them. If you come across a particular area with dense energy, the rods will cross over eachother, as the pressure from the energy will push the rods and the rods (being free to spin) will cross over eachother. Divining rods are also used to find water too. So don't be quick to judge if they cross at a wall where a water pipe is or if your house has a damp problem.

Another (and probably easier way) is to 'smudge' incense. Insence smoke is quite dense, but it will always take the route of least resistance. If you try this, make sure there are no drafts, and keep your breathing careful so as not to disrupt the smoke. Very slowly and carefully, move to different parts of a room with the insence. Stop for a short time and watch the smoke. If the smoke is moving straight upwards, then the air is very clear and no negative energy. If the smoke drifts noticabley and stays drifting in one particular direction then it is likely that there is some dense energy there. To solve this, use a feather or a small piece paper to "smudge" the insence smoke in to the area where the smoke doesn't want to go on its own. Do this carefully and just flick with the feather so the smoke moves in to that direction and disperses the straight line of smoke.

So there are two things you can try to find if you have some form of negative or dense energy which cannot be seen. For bigger, more aggressive activity, it takes a lot more. I have a 'ghost' (there is no better name for this) in my bedroom here and as much as I do not wish to believe that it is of human form, I really do get the sense that he is and that he is male.... Took quite a bit for me to stop him harrassing me (he was cutting my hair and I'd wake in the night with strange sticky substance not too disimilar to snot all over me - yet none on the bed and other strange things...) it was when I first moved in here. But he stopped and calmed down, but I've noticed that he has begun again, I'm being jolted awake when I go to sleep because there is a voice in my ear trying to talk to me, but I never understand what is being said. Like another language. Very strange. But not I'm afraid, even though he has the capability to cut my hair. I just wish I knew what it is he wants from me.

Sorry. I'll stop rambling on about this sorta thing now.
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Avrille
    That sounds a bit like a scene out of the Exorcist to me, which makes my tambourine seem a bit of a anticlimax.

Mell
    Ring O Bells
    New Lane
    Middleton
    Manchester M245SE
    Listed in the most haunted places of Britain book, because Iv'e leafed through it, it also has a 12th century church opposite, and a pub further down the hill linked with an underground tunnel
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    I do swear that what I say is true. This 'thing' did cut my hair. In the shower, I'd wash my hair and bits would come out in my hands that were clearly cut and all the same length at about an inch long. My hair is so thick that it was barely noticable, but it was clear that there were bits shorter at the back. It was straight though and it was rather like a small layer had been put in.

I was concerned that if it had that capability then it could easily hurt me, but he never has. I can only assume that he is trying to get my attention somehow, but I can't find a way to get through to him.

The talking in my ear is rather strange. it was a male voice and very clear in my ear, like he was talking right next to me. But although I can 'almost' understand it as it sounds like english, it also sounds like another language, and when I jolt up and look around me, (obviously nobody there who can be seen) the talking stops abruptly and the language is instantly forgotton. It's wierd.

In the beginning I went daft at my partner as I thought he was playing tricks on me, but he was positive he hadn't and the 'snot-like' substance was a very strange one as it was little droplets all over me, front and back, but nothing on the bedsheets, it just clinged to me and nothing else. Exoplasm? Also, because this happened every night at around the same time, I went straight back to sleep instead of taking my PJs off one night and I woke about an hour later and there was no trace of any of it, and no stains or anything.

Very strange indeed.

But he is being good now. Except for waking me up by talking to me. I suppose I should make some effort to contact him and open up my senses for him so I can find out why he keeps trying to get my attention. He has been quiet for nearly a year, and now he has started again....

Oh well. I may open a circle to let him in, sometime.
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Avrielle
    Wow. That sounds really spooky to the layman, good to hear your ok, good luck. Alanthemanc