Serum negetive inflamitory Athritis

Options
pgtrading
pgtrading Member Posts: 7
What is it htat is a likely trigger to a cause for this. I have suffered from this for 8 years now and still dont know how it has come about ? any idea :? Peter

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dear Peter,

Thank you for your post to Helplines. If you'd like to talk about this you can always ring us. This is an area where there is not a definite answer - and getting arthritis often does not have an explanation.

My understanding is that inflammatory arthritis is linked to problems with people's immune systems - so sometimes people who develop inflammatory arthritis have a history of other immune problems before the arthritis happened. There may be some links with people's family history of arthritis. For some people there may be some lifestyle factors involved - so smoking increases the chances of immune system conditions for example.

If you would like to talk things over, please do call.

I hope that is helpful

Guy
  • pgtrading
    pgtrading Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Thanks for your reply Guy, this theory rings true with me, My immune system has been under this sort of inflamitory condition ever since I was involved in a chemical fire as apart of my roll as a firefighter in 1984 ( The ICI chemical fire ) after that I was diognosed with neurotoxicity and have had numerous imflamitory conditions of the skin, organs , joints each time my blood inflamitory levels would sky rocket and no amount fo antimflamitories would control this eg I have had the lot, including methaltricate etc it wasnt till about 4 or 5 years ago after a unexplained inflamed heart condition that I was given Humera (Adalimumab), this has stabilised my blood imfamitory levels and been my life saver. however the damage has been done and the wrists required fusion. My Question to the experts out is there in my case a posible link to neurotoxicity and a immune imfamitory conditions like mine (could this be posible?) your help with my reseach into this would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks Peter Turner
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,493
    Options
    Hi Peter

As regards your question regarding a possible link to neurotoxicity and immune inflammatory conditions it may be worth asking this question to Arthritis Research UK. They do research on all types of arthritis and can be contacted at http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/contact-us.

You are welcome to ring us on 0808 800 4050 if you would like to have a chat.

Regards

Nick
    Helplines Team