Re:the lunatics have taken over the asylum

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 7. Jul 2012, 11:17 in Community Chit-chat archive
Good God a bag on a bus has a slight amount of smoke coming from it so a passenger phones the rozzers and they tell them to go tell the driver to pull over the next thing you see is 20 ambulances the fire services sundry cop cars helicopters a bomb disposal squad a sniffer dog and a decontamination unit and it then turned out to be an flippin electronic cigarette!.
Jesus where’s all the common sense gone these days, it could have been anything, plenty of electrical items can go wrong and cause burning and smoke, this is classic situation where Occam's razor should have been used, Hmm smoking bag eh?, so is it a) a faulty electrical item or some harmless every day item that’s faulty? or is it b) a mad Jihadist with a bomb hell bent of death??.
Now I’m not a betting man but I’d go for a as the odds it being b are about 12 million to one or higher.
If you ask me the passenger who went overboard should be made to apologies to all the people it effected in person the passenger needs seriously get a grip and stop over reacting and be banned from owning a mobile phone.

Right spleen vented for now!.

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    so that is what it was about saw this morning that they had stopped traffic on m6 wondered who would take chemicals on a bus did not seem sencible but what do i know about these things never did get my head around science at school val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ahhh, hindsight, it's a wonderful thing. :wink: Everyone is always wise after an event but if you are caught up in the early stages (when no-one knows what has happened or may be going on) given the times we live in (and the advent of that over-hyped utter waste of time and expense called The Olympics) then it's no wonder that people reacted as they did. Yes, it turns out that it was all completely over the top but who was to know? Surely it's better to be safe than sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Depends if you were one of those people who could get emergency access to one of the 20 ambulances they had stuck on the M6 Toll, total paranoia and stupidity I mean actually gettin all this kit up there is daft beyond belief hindsight doesn't come into common bloody sense does if you ask me we seem to have lost that these days, I guess the person with the bag was lucky they didn't get shot in the face 7 time by a copper with a handgun like the innocent electrician did in London although they had plenty of chance to stop him in a park but they didn't and somply let him walk on to a tube train just after 7/7 happened then panicked and went OTT, where was the hindsightand and logic there?, as normal stashed away in a dark cupboard so no one can find it.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    LOGIC:

Ludicrously
    Outrageous
    General
    Idiotic
    Crap
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Now had it have been a bomb gone off ank killed people what then, Where do you draw the line. Having experienced it first hand i would rather be safe than sorry,
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    better to be safe than sorry
  • resusjan
    resusjan Member Posts: 290
    Options
    A dear friend of mine was on the 7/7 bus..... I wish someone had done this on that day
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    resusjan wrote:
    A dear friend of mine was on the 7/7 bus..... I wish someone had done this on that day
    That was a terrible day i was out driving up north somewhere popped in station to get diesel and the assistant told me .i was horrified :shock: for many it is still a nightmare poor loves .
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    You'd have thought the person whose bag it was would have had the sense to say what it was :?

I agree - better safe than sorry folks

Love

Toni xx