Crying for no reason

Options
Lubs
Lubs Member Posts: 155
Hi
I've recently joined. I suffer from PsA - had it for 5 years now, but currently on no medication. This is because the liver is not coping with all the meds. Anyhow at the moment I'm not getting a lot of support at work, so I'm finding that I'm crying a lot more. I cry in the morning over breakfast, in the evenings at home and when ever anyone asks if I'm ok!
Yesterday I spoke to my husband and let it all out. He told me to take a few days off work. But I said no, because I don't want to ruin my record as I may want to apply for other jobs. I really do not know what to do at the moment, I'm just so unhappy. Is this depression? Should I go to my GP?

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I am a member not a helpline support.

Make an urgent appt with your gp, be honest about how you feel and be signed off for a few days. Have sometime for yourself, doing thingsyou enjoy. It can make a difference. Let your rheumy nurse know how you are feeling as well.

Take care and stay in touch. The LWA part of the forum is very supportive.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    Options
    Hi Lubs

That’s good advice from suzygirl about making an urgent appointment with your GP.

You are welcome to ring us on 0808 800 4050 if you would like to have a chat about how you are currently feeling.

All the best

Nick
    Helplines Team
  • Lubs
    Options
    Hi
    I have decided to see me GP and see what happens.
    Thank you for all your advice
  • suzygirl
    Options
    I hope the gp appt helps. If you post on the Living with Arthritis forum, peeps are very helpful and friendly. Its good to chat with others in the same situation.

Chit chat is a bit of light hearted relief. No need to battle on alone. :D
  • yaris
    yaris Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Hi I had this I would cry when I was on my own been off work since dec 12
    Had hard time from work occy health in the end went to doctors put me on depression pills feel lot better And now work don't matter any more look after your self the the most important thing xxx
  • Lubs
    Options
    Hi
    Just come back from the GP and I'm definetly suffering from depression. I'm being referred for the meds as they will affect my other medication for pain relief. I have to go back for weekly appointments and have sleeping pills to help me get through this weekend. As for work I just don't know what i will do a the moment.
  • suzygirl
    Options
    Just take a day at a time for the moment and concentrate on feeling better yourself.
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,497
    Options
    Hi Lubs

I hope things work out for you. Please ring us if you would like to have a confidential chat. There are also a lot of very supportative folks on the living with arthritis forum.

As regards work, if you get any difficulties with your employer you can always contact the Disability Law service or the Equality and Human Rights commission. Both these organisations are listed in the Working with arthritis booklet. See http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets/main_content/WorkingbookletJan11.pdf.

All the best

Nick
    Helplines Team