Clumsy me

Options
JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 19. Jul 2012, 14:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
so anyway.............dropping and smashing a glass quiche dish on the kitchen floor wasn't one of my best moves! :lol:

Smashed it to smithereens, stepped back and got a chunk stuck in the heel of my foot (on the leg i'm having thr TKR in 10 days!).........so there I am, alone in the house, hopping around to get antiseptic wipes and plasters..............bleeding all over the kitchen floor!

Managed to get what i needed..........but had to wait for foot to stop bleeding before i could clear up!

Have come to the conclusion i need one of those long handled dustpans............! :lol:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,428
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ooooh Julia

My Sis did the same thing once when my wee nephew was a baby :? I whizzed her up to the surgery and they steri-stripped her.

Look after it now so you can get it healed before the op :?

Love

Toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I'm good at chucking stuff on our tiled floor too. And how those bits travel! And turn up days later however much you sweep and mop.

On a precautionary note, do mention it to them when you go in for your op. It's a potential source of infection and they might want to ensure it's covered to their satisfaction. (For my first TKR I was having my monthly period. It caused consternation! In those days they weren't used to TKR patients menstruating :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Ooh Julia, that must be sore!
    Hopefully it will heal before your op.
    The long handled dust pans and brushes are really good, but I bought a cheap one, and the edge of the pan didn't touch the floor properly, useless! I now have a better one.
    Hoping you heal well,
    Numpty
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Oh Julia hope it is healing quickly,as Sticky said better mention to staff because of infection.Keeping my fingers crossed for you.xx