Sky HD Plus New Remote

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 15. Jul 2012, 12:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

We have had visitors one of them being my nephew Mathew who is autistic and simply cannot leave our Sky remote/channels alone..He constantly flicks, rewinds, fast forwards and pauses all the Nickelodeon channels when he comes to visit....We were used to this but after he left on friday I had hoovered and wondered what the black bits on carpet was, thought it was someone's shoe, nothing more....Then used the remote to swtich channels and the underside of it, the little bugger had sat and picked 80% of the rubber from the back of it!! GRR!!! If had seen him wouldve been a swift "oi stop it please" but didnt...
So after not wanting to spend £24.00 in Asda for new one looked on ebay...But whats the difference between Rev8 or Rev9? Its says about a tv code too, dont remember that, is it hard to reprogramme again..Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Elainex

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,934
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Elaine.
    have you tried ringing the sky phone number they have helped us in the passed.
    good luck.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Joan

Havent purchased a new one yet just looked but didnt know about this tv code...Thanks for advice re calling Sky, may be an option!

Elainex
    dachshund wrote:
    Hello Elaine.
    have you tried ringing the sky phone number they have helped us in the passed.
    good luck.
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    classic autistic behaviour Elaine. My Son used to wind, rewind, stop, start all his videos-they are now mostly ruined. He also picks and chews at anything like a remote or wii covers, keyboards keys are the worst and he tries to eat coke cans. So many objects have been destroyed and cost a lot to replace.

sorry cannot help about reprogrammming but good idea to get in touch with Sky direct. Just try not to get redirected as it could be a long day!

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein