Re:Sunday lyrics 4 ya!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 17. Jul 2012, 12:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right you lot who did this and what's the song.
I'll give you a clue, their name comes from a radical land reform group from the middle ages, well I say radical they were just trying to gain access to the land stollen by the good and the great of their time, still this song is a banging track and the album is worth getting if you like rockin English folk music.

I never was a violent man
Said the man in the bar with his head in his hands
He's trying his best to understand the 'cause of his dismay
But the years of gin have broken him
They've left him cold where he's fitted in
But it's too late now to turn around and find another way

And the lights in the late night lock-in
Have faded away when he gets in

Comments

• mellman01
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh come on you guy's at least have a go!. :( right then to help you along I'll give you a BIG CLUE, the battle of the bean field, there that should do it!. Oh and there's the same as the diggers and ranters!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    :roll:
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Ha ha, I just thought I recognised these lyrics, then I realised it was because I read them here yesterday :roll: :oops:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi N D well there I was thinking you'd cracked it but sadly no, think new age traveller and stonehenge, the battle of the bean field was a song they wrote regarding the violent eviction of new age travellers there in the early 1990's.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Ha ha, I just thought I recognised these lyrics, then I realised it was because I read them here yesterday :roll: :oops:
    :lol:
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Oh come on you guy's at least have a go!. :( right then to help you along I'll give you a BIG CLUE, the battle of the bean field, there that should do it!. Oh and there's the same as the diggers and ranters!.
    :?
  • mellman01
    Options
    OK so I'm repeating myself sorry for that it's been a bad day!, right another clue for you useless bunch of soggy bottomed electric donkey bottem biters!.

Right here's your clue for the groups name.
    what do you use to check if something is the same height at both ends?, oh and it needs to be plural.
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    I dont have a hope with the english folk lyrics. :cry: Do you know any irish ones, Mellman? I could give those a go..

7worlds
  • mellman01
    Options
    No problems 7 worlds will do in a mo let me first put this lot out of their misery.

the song is 15 years by the LEVELLERS!, don't tell me none of you who were in the 20's and 30's in the late 80's have never come across them at a festival!!??.
    Anyway look them up they were bloody good, and if any of you want a free copy of the CD levelling the land then PM me you home address and I shall send you one OK?.

Now then 7 worlds (love the avatar name there) here's one for you, seen them live in the 80's and they were really good, my brother use to jam with their last lead guitarist from time to time just before the poor old lead singer pased away.

Anway this is a classic and if none of you get it then I'm not going to post anymore lyrics ever on here. So I want the song name, and the singers and the group name please.(if you don't get this I'd be stunned!)

As I was going' over the Cork and Kerry mountains
    I saw Captain Farrell and his money he was counting
    I first produced my pistol and I then produced my rapier
    I said stand or deliver or the devil he may take ya
  • 7worlds
    Options
    Is it Whiskey in the jar
    Thin lizzy
    phill lynott :?:

Did i get it right Mellman?

7worlds
  • mellman01
    Options
    Yep spot on 7worlds, thank God you did and all I was getting woried!.
  • 7worlds
    Options
    Happy Days!!

7worlds
  • mellman01
    Options
    Yep a gold star for you me dear and a round of cyber aplause!. :mrgreen: