Speeding at my Age

Options
Colin1
Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
edited 23. Jul 2012, 04:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
I bought a brand new BMW Z4 convertible and drove it out of the salesroom. Always wanted one. and its in red with a black soft to And beautiful cream interior.
Yesterday I thought I would try it out on the M58 motorway, as its the quietest I know of. I excelorated to 120mph; enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair I have left.
What an amazing ride, with the top down at 120mph you can hear the stereo system as clear as anything and barley no wind noise at all. Just me and Phil Collins burning up the M/way.
I wanted to push it to its limit just to see what it could do, I floored it and as I did looked in my rear view mirror. Guess what a traffic cop with blue lights flashing, I was now doing 140 MPH and getting a little scared if only I had this when I was younger I can just see DDs hair blowing in the wind and my biggles scarf flapping round behind me.
I thought he could never catch me as I pushed it to 160mph I could see him fade into the distance behind me as I almost flew up the M Way. Suddenly I came to me senses for god sake I’ 65 not a kid any more “ what the hell I could kill someone” or myself, I must be ceazy and to old for this.
I pulled over to the hard shoulder and waited for the police car to catch up with me he must have been miles behind because it took ages for him to reach me. .

Pulling in behind me, the police officer got out walked up to the driver's side of my beautiful new BMW, looked at his watch then looked at me. He said ”Sir, my shift ends in 10 minutes. Today is Friday and I'm taking off somewhere nice for the weekend. If you can give me a reason why you were speeding that I've never heard before, I'll let you go."
I felt so ashamed at my age to, I looked at him for a long time, he looked very very serious. I lifted my head and looked the policeman in the eye and replied, "Years ago my wife ran off with a policeman. I thought you were bringing her back."
"Have a good day, Sir", said the policeman.
WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol: Mig
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Another good story Colin.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,935
    Options
    Thanks Colin.
    that was a good ride i bet.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    D'you know Colin I believed that ......................I am gullible :roll:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Luv,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Yes Colin
    So did i untill i got half way through, Z4 i was :mrgreen: Cream leather interior soft top 8) :lol: Brilliant i loved it .
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    And I believed it! I was reading it out to my OH because the BMW Z4 is the car he wants next! And it wasn't till you said about flooring it to get away from the police car! What am I like! :oops: :lol:
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Thanks Peeps
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE