Re:C**p adverts.

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 19. Jul 2012, 05:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
I like adds that are well thought out and well made the Meerkat is one such advert they are almost an art form but on the flip side there’s some right skanky ones out there, for example Parkinson, I mean why!?, he pops up waffles on about “the toughest interview” he’s ever had then in the next breath he’s trying to sell us an insurance policy, how the feck!?. He was boring enough when he did his crap chat show but now he’s got even worse!.
And my top hate right now is the ING add with the Donkey and the flippin Mole, who came up with such disjointed load of old twaddle?, “a donkey asked a mole” (whoopee furking do!), who then got out his carrot and on and on it goes with no beginning or fecking end or more importantly a point!, someone actually got paid for coming up with this add?, Ye Gods where are they now in a secure unit under heavy sedation?.
Even the go compare add has a funny side and they are now taking the rise out of themselves but these other adds are awful, and don’t say it made me think of them either, this kind of add can just as turn me off from a product as take an interest.
Now where did I put my carrot??, oh yeah I lent it to donkey didn’t I?, wibble howl a gnashing of teeth and the sound of a Police tazer being used.

Comments

• 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i sky + everything then fast foward the adverts. there seems to be 5minutes of programmes and 10 minutes of adverts these days. but i have seen the one you refer to mellman and your right, it is c**p.

7worlds
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I think I must be an ad-man's nightmare as I can never remember any - maybe because I either go out to brew up or read the paper during the ads.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Well I think the Mole asks the donkey his life story, (filling in forms and doing credit checks etc), meanwhile his carrot, (his savings) has shrivelled, (lost value) and become inedible (worthless).

I feel so sorry for the Donkey Mell :lol:

May favourite is the new 'go-compare where the woman blows him up :D

HAH!!!!

Love

Toni xx

PS least fav are for pay day loans and compensation the latest being for care home fees??? :?
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I agree Toni, what was Nicholas Parsons thinking when he took up with wonga loan sharks, he’s a rich man as it is he’s also got a big following and with that comes social responsibility in my view, he should have kept well away from them he’s gone down in my eyes that’s for sure.
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    I love the meerkat advert :D I am proud to say I have a meerkat toy as well :lol:

I hate the way the adds are so loud :x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I think I must be an ad-man's nightmare as I can never remember any - maybe because I either go out to brew up or read the paper during the ads.

You are not alone Sticky as I never remember any of them either!

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Mellman

The one that gets on my nerves and for me as a Scot really insults the itelligence of fellow Scots too has to be the new Irn-Bru one where they dont know what to call the baby then the word that rhymes with nanny comes up time and time again, even on a baby t-shirt...It makes me cringe and maybe its just me but why do they make us look like complete twerps???
    Meerkat has run his course but quite like the donkey one, think he is quite cute with his minute carrot!!

Elainex
    mellman01 wrote:
    I like adds that are well thought out and well made the Meerkat is one such advert they are almost an art form but on the flip side there’s some right skanky ones out there, for example Parkinson, I mean why!?, he pops up waffles on about “the toughest interview” he’s ever had then in the next breath he’s trying to sell us an insurance policy, how the feck!?. He was boring enough when he did his crap chat show but now he’s got even worse!.
    And my top hate right now is the ING add with the Donkey and the flippin Mole, who came up with such disjointed load of old twaddle?, “a donkey asked a mole” (whoopee furking do!), who then got out his carrot and on and on it goes with no beginning or fecking end or more importantly a point!, someone actually got paid for coming up with this add?, Ye Gods where are they now in a secure unit under heavy sedation?.
    Even the go compare add has a funny side and they are now taking the rise out of themselves but these other adds are awful, and don’t say it made me think of them either, this kind of add can just as turn me off from a product as take an interest.
    Now where did I put my carrot??, oh yeah I lent it to donkey didn’t I?, wibble howl a gnashing of teeth and the sound of a Police tazer being used.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Go Compare really gets on my nerves .

But the one all the fowlers like is 1 sheet does Plenty :lol: and he wiggles his behind :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    to be honest i do not like adverts the meercat is ok but as for the rest well a load of rubbish. i to sky + and zip through them val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    fowls48 wrote:
    Go Compare really gets on my nerves .

But the one all the fowlers like is 1 sheet does Plenty :lol: and he wiggles his behind :lol:

But Juan Sheet does NOt do plenty anymore :shock:

the quality has deteriorated :x

:wink:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    My Son had to write about the Go Compare adverts for a recent essay and as I have to help him I had to sit and watch the whole blooming lot!

Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    We watch a lot on catch up tv you dont get adverts.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Anything even vaguely related to the idiocies that will be happening countrywide very soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    :(
    tkachev wrote:
    My Son had to write about the Go Compare adverts for a recent essay and as I have to help him I had to sit and watch the whole blooming lot!