I had a fall - will my new knees be ok?

Options
jojo03
jojo03 Member Posts: 77
Hi, I had two TKRs last year, one in May and one in June. Yesterday, my dog ran down a steep bank, couldn't stop, and banged into my legs, knocking me over. I got home and took two paracetemol and, apart from a bit of heat and tightness in my knees, all seemed ok.
Today, I went for a 45 minute walk, and by the time I got home, my right knee felt a bit achy and stiff, and still is. Am I right in thinking this is just a bit of swollen tissue and sore muscle, or is it possible that my new knee might be damaged?
I'm due to have my one year check up next week, and assume I will have an x-ray then, but I can't help worrying about it right now.

Thanks,
Jo.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,490
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jo

I'm sorry to hear about the worry you are currently experiencing regarding your knee.

It's a good thing you are having your check up next week.

If you can see a physiotherapist as well , they may be able to give some advice and treatment (massage, ultrasound and exercises). As you say it may be to do with some remaining scar tissue around the joint.

You are welcome to ring us on 0808 800 4050 if you would like to have a chat about this.

All the best

Nick
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your fall,maybe you could ring NHS 24 if you are still worried.They should be able to advise you,just as well you have check up next week.
  • jojo03
    jojo03 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. My right knee still feels a bit stiff, but I think the knees are ok. Ill be glad for some reassurance at my appointment!