Dr appt

Options
Christimay
Christimay Member Posts: 112
edited 21. Jul 2012, 06:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone I was at rhumi yesterday she is sending me for exrays on my knees and back the bottom of my spine left hand side is protruding and is very swollen she also took bloods for 5 tests full blood count, vitamin d, inflammation, and also to see the level of steroid in my body, the other one started with sy I think but I can't remember what she called it anyone any ideas? She wasn't happy with my results from the previous week for my thyroid and put my thyroxine up to 200mg does anyone know the maximum for this? She also said the bruising on my body was due to meds as was the shocking weight gain! I also know this is adding to the pain in my knees at the moment pain is continual and very bad. Any replies will be greatly appreciated hope all is as well as can be with everyone at mo the sun is shining here at the moment been a fine day supposed to be same again tomorrow hope so. Bye for now catch up again laterxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    morning sorry have no idea about meds but glad they are getting something done val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Christimay, I do empathise with what you are going through, trying to get the meds sorted is very much a case of trial and error. I get a lot of bruising due to the sulphasalazine and I gained a deal of weight thanks to the oral steroids I used to take. I can't help with the thyroid thing but I think there are others around on here who have similar trouble so I hope they spot your post. Hang on in there girl, things will get better in due course and until then we'll be here to help as much as we can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you manage to get something sorted.Mig