in limbo

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 22. Jul 2012, 07:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's like i feel at the moment,it's 4 weeks since i saw rhemmy and she told me a request for an appointment had been made to the liver people,i have heard nothing as yet and i am to go back to see rhemmy in three weeks,she was hoping i had been seen by then and got results so we could start moving on,i am at the stage where i dont want to go out because i walk for a minute or two and my feet are absolute agony,on the bottom of my left foot you can see a large lump it's where the bones have moved so ineffect i am walking on bone,right foot seems like it is going the same way it's red and swollen and throbs from time to time.
Okay sorry for myself over ,feels better to write it down and get it out.Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's difficult waiting for an appointment, I know that all too well. I think it may be worth your while chasing the liver one up on Monday, I waited and waited for an ortho appointment only to discover that I hadn't been referred by the rheumatology nurse. :roll:

As for your feet, you poor, poor girl. That sounds horrid Mig, I don't know what to suggest apart from maybe using a wheelchair for the time being? I know the Red Cross hire them to people, could Mr Mig act as your chauffeur? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    the pain is relentless isnt it? moaning about it is good, it releases the tension a bit. you know there is nothing anyone can say or do and you aint looking for them to do anything . i think i walk around muttering and mumbling to myself most days.

all the best for your appointments and hope your overall health improves soon. when internal organs start to get messed around with it takes this crazy disease to another level.

stay strongx
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Hi Mig....yes the waiting is not good. I've been waiting 9 weeks now for an "urgent" second opinion rheumatology appointment and nothing yet.

Poor you, feet can be painful at the best of times with these conditions but when you have got the bony growths to contend with as well that must be awful. I have got them on my feet too but they are on the side of my foot so I don't put the pressure on like you have too. Hope you get sorted soon and take care and rest up x Dee x
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Ouch that sounds painful Mig! Are you taking pain meds to help or are you on hold with them pending results.

I agree you should chase things up so that they are ready for the rheumy appt.

Sending you some (((()))
    Ruby
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Chase it up, mig, and tell them you need the results for 3 weeks’ time. We have all, at some time or other, suffered from ‘computer error’ ie some ***** forgot to programme the computer correctly. Don’t let it drift.

I very much empathise about the foot situation. I have the bones sticking out underneath thing and, without my surgical shoes, thick insoles and socks, I would be virtually unable to walk. If the problem is essentially the boney lump underneath, a temporary solution might be to get some thick insoles (two pairs if necessary) and also, if necessary to accommodate them, some bigger shoes.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Mig

I am so sorry you are in limbo. I'm with the others - I think you do need to chase it up and, as Sticky says, you can explain why you need to have it done before your next rheumatology appt. If you have no joy chasing it up - or don't know who best to speak to, it might be worth talking to the PALS (patient advice and liaison service) at the hospital - most hospitals have them - and explaining the situation. I have found them very helpful in the past because they can liaise between the different depts and help to move things forward.

Really good luck Mig.

Tillyxxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    chase it up tell them you will take a cancelation if they get one good luck val
    val
  • mig
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies and advise,i have phoned the nurse advise line and left a message for my rhemmy nurse,you cant speak to her directly unless she phones you. I dont know who i am to see in gastroenterology but if i dont get an answer from rhemmy nurse i surpose i can always try their department.
    At the moment i take a blood pressure pill,30mg codeine every 6 hours,naproxen twice a day with stomach protector and 5mg of pred this was prescribed to help till liver scan had been done and then i was to slowly come off them before starting other treatment the pred does help with my hands and other aches and pains but it does nothing at all for feet,so it's down to a waiting game again.
    hope you are all enjoying this sunny day,we are just listening to the neighbours having a right row,more entertaining than the t.v.Mig
  • mig
    Options
    Forgot to say have already got orthotic shoes and inner-soles have had to take inner-soles out ,have put them in my old baggy shoes which does help a little bit,when we went to Ireland i brought some mens canvas shoes as they come a bit wider than ladies so i can put inner-soles in them as well.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Cor! Rowing neighbours is always entertaining! :lol: Chin up my lovely, chase up too and I hope you find an answer about the appointment soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Mig, I'm sorry you're having a rough time.
    I hope things improve for you soon.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    When desperate I've used thick, shop-bought insoles underneath my orthotics-made ones for a bit of extra cushioning.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    It's horrible waiting for appts to come through especially when the other departments follow up appts come through before you've had chance to see another dept. All I can suggest is ring the consultants secretary and see if they can move it to a canceled date. I have done that a few times and managed to move my appt. Good luck!