Just wanted to do something nice with the kids.....

Options
Melrymax
Melrymax Member Posts: 226
edited 26. Jul 2012, 15:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
So my husband and I took them to the ice cream farm, lots for them to do, lots of oppertunities for me to sit, took my stick, had a wonder around the play areas then the animals then of course ice cream and more play area! :) not a great deal but wasted an hour or 2 and the kids loved it! But I am so relieved to have taken my stick and am now really paying for that little wonder around! God help me when it comes to a trip to cadburyworld!

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cadburys world yummy,what about Lego land?Mig
  • Melrymax
    Options
    I looked at Lego land but £89.10 for us for a day out :shock: :o
    Don't think I'll be doing tht one!!! We have the candle factory near by which has a bit of a craft centre in it and could do a trip to Liverpool as they have the interactive museums there (plus a little retail therapy for me)
    Was thinking swimming would be good as the boys can both swim and I can walk about weightless lol.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Wow that's pricey,swimming sounds good.Mig
  • vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi,

Glad you had fun, there excitement makes all the pains worth while :D

On friday i'm taking my 4 to a vw camper event they have a fun fair and all sorts we are also camping and on the saturday it's fancy dress so i'll be out with spiderman - batman - little mermaid - plum fairy wizard

Oh and it's only £10 for adults, kids go free not bad for a long weekend :wink:

lexy.
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • Melrymax
    Options
    That sounds fab! Where is that? My eldest would love to see all the camper vans and youngest would love the fair :)
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :D Another suggestion, why not attend a Fun Day on 11 August in Taplow:

http://www.tvap.co.uk/

It is a child and young person's "paradise" there!

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Melrymax
    Options
    Looks like fun:)

Today I took the boys into Chester for a picnic in the park, a walk down the river with ice cream then my oldest wanted to go on the bridge, then back to the park and on the miniature railway with them! I asked if I needed to pay as I was purely there for the safety of the boys and the man said yes (which is fine) but it is because they say a 3 year old is perfectly fine to go on it unaccompanied!!! :shock: there is no way my 3 year old would be safe on there with out an adult- my 5 year old can hardly stop him from doing something silly !!!
    That aside we had a lovely 2 1/2 hours out and I was more than ready for pain killers and bed by the time we got home :)