Glad to be back!

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 25. Jul 2012, 06:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, here I am again. Sorry to have been away for so long but things have been difficult with family problems and also my own problems, that the times just flown past. My ESA has finished because of the 365 day rule and I have to have a medical and go through the atos route to get contributions paid. WEll no way am i doing that so I'm down to my very small pension from work!

I've also got a lot more pain in my neck and shoulders, which makes life difficult The pain starts with a sharp stabbing feeling in my neck, then spreads out over the whole of the top area of my back and down to my elbows sometimes. I can't do as much as I did and find this depressing. Just back from a holiday in Devon and it was nice to relax.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello woodbon and welcome back. I'm sorry about the added pain but I hope the holiday helped a bit. It's good to have you back anyway.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi,Good to see you back,hope you had nice holiday.Sorry you are having neck trouble,hope you can get something done.Mig
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Woodbon

Good to see you back and glad you enjoyed your holiday in Devon, sounds lovely!
    Re your ESA...Its 365 days if enough contributions then onto income based, i was in that situation myself and mine will run out next year so will probably have to sign on whilst recovering from TKR....

Elainex
    woodbon wrote:
    Hello, here I am again. Sorry to have been away for so long but things have been difficult with family problems and also my own problems, that the times just flown past. My ESA has finished because of the 365 day rule and I have to have a medical and go through the atos route to get contributions paid. WEll no way am i doing that so I'm down to my very small pension from work!

I've also got a lot more pain in my neck and shoulders, which makes life difficult The pain starts with a sharp stabbing feeling in my neck, then spreads out over the whole of the top area of my back and down to my elbows sometimes. I can't do as much as I did and find this depressing. Just back from a holiday in Devon and it was nice to relax.
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi, luckily or unluckily my husband earns too much for the income related benifit, and I do have a very small pension from work. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do something, even if it is only voluntry before too long, just to get out of the house. Of course, the problems are the same; what hours can I give them and what notice they need if I can't!
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Sue it is nice to hear from you. Sorry about your pain and ATOS problems. Could you speak to the job centre to see if you are entitled to any more benefits?
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hey Woobon! Welcome back, hope you had a good holiday and hope the pain didn't ruin it for you. Try not to get too stressed with the ESA business (I know it's easy for me to say!!) Because it will make the pain worse in your neck and shoulders. It's a good idea suzygirl said you may find you are entitled to more benefits than you think! I would speak to the C.A.B, give them a call and see what they say it's worth a try!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    Its lovely to have you back, only I am really sorry you are suffering so much,I just hope you are getting there with the family probs...what with this and ESA it must be so stressful for you...but please vent your frustration o0n here then we cam all add our support.
    I do wish you well with everything, and good luck with Atos. xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Ouch, that sounds horribly painful, I hope it settles down...I also hope you got fat off cream teas, the south west is always a lovely place to go and the cream teas are part of the draw for me! LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello Sue.
    its nice to see you back you have been missed.
    try not to worry things will sort there selves out.i hope your pain calms down soon.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • woodbon
    Options
    Hi,
    Just to say thank-you for all the kind messages and support.

Just lately, life has been very busy and at times difficult to sort out. My own health problems have been second, even when I was in pain and not thinking clearly! :? My niece, who is like a daughter and to whom I'm next of kin as both her parents are no longer with us and her husband is an abusive alcholic, has taken up time to get her affairs sorted. Anyway, one thing at a time and we are getting sorted, but wish I lived closer.

Anyway thats all off the subject, I just wanted to say that I was getting so tired that although I love talking to you, I just couldn't find the energy to help anyone or even myself! :?

Well, I'm going to concentrate on living my life now things are sorting out. :wink:
    Lots of love, Suexxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Sue

Lovely to see you :)

Sorry you are still suffering though. I can totally sympathise with you necks are really VILE!

I remember your niece who you love to bits. I hope she is now getting sorted and putting herself ahead of her OH??

Love and hugs

Toni xxx