Back from my hols

Options
ELAINE55555
ELAINE55555 Member Posts: 123
edited 23. Jul 2012, 13:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
I posted 2 weekd ago to tell you I was going by Motorbike to Croatia and Germany. Well I had a great time, arthritis did not play up much at all! However, since going back to work, I've had the tiredness, the stiff and sore wrists, arms and neck. I work fairly long hours, and my job can be quite stressful. So it just goes to show, in my opinion, that stress does indeed play a large part in how yor RA behaves. Roll on next years holidays!

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad you had a great holiday.We always have to pay a price.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm glad you had a good holiday, too. I've no doubt that stress can be a factor but I wonder if it would be worth making a note of other differences while the trip is fresh in your mind eg amount of sleep/sitting/standing/heavy work involved with both the - fairly strenuous sounding - holiday and your work. If there's anything you could tweak that might make daily life easier it would be worth it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm really pleased you had a good holiday.
    Would love to hear more about it.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Elaine , Welcome back! Glad you had a stress and pain free holiday! Now your back Arther has come knocking on your door, so sorry. But your right some arther's pain can be caused by stress, Mig is right for us to enjoy ourself's we have to pay a price!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    I am so glad you had a good holiday, must say when you said by motorbike and all that way...I was worried, but good for you...you did it and enjoyed...hopefully this flare will ease very soon...you take care till your next hol.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well done to you for managing the holiday, I am glad that you rose to the challenge. I'm not surprised that things have flared, you have the come down of the post-holiday blues combined with going back to work. Yuk yuk yuk. I am sure you know the drill, rest when you can, don't work too hard and I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Glad you had a great holiday . :D Sorry your having pain :( xx
  • ELAINE55555
    ELAINE55555 Member Posts: 123
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for all your replies. Been to ruemmy appointment today, and told I,m in the midst of a flare, which has happened because I've been weaned off the steroids lately. Now to get mtx by injection, to see if I can absorb it better than the tabs.
    Numpty, you want to hear more about it? Well to be honest, Myself and my friend FLEW to Munich to meet our husbands who had taken their bikes over on the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam. Hubby had my bike gear(and all my holiday clothes) on the bike. We then rode all the way to Croatia which took about 9 hours, with plenty coffee breaks. We stayed in Croatia for a week then travelled up to Bavaria and stayed there for 5 days with day trips through the Austrian mountains. Then it was back to the airport for us women, and the ferry for the hubbies! The only problem I had with regard to the RA was pulling the bike boots on. In the end I had to ditch them and wear trainers because I just could not pull them on. It was all great fun and will do it again some day.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    Glad you had a good holiday. Now have as much rest as you can! :wink: Sue