Summer has arrived

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 24. Jul 2012, 05:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
What a fantastic day - I think we all needed some sun to lift our spirits.
Paid a visit to the Blake House Craft Centre and enjoyed the most delicious slice of carrot cake - not good for the waistline though, but at least carrots are healthy. Think we'll have dinner in the garden this evening.

Have a good week everyone.

Janet x

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have to agree , feel so much better when the sun shines . Spent the day at the beach with son , daughter and their spouses . Very relaxing ! Jillyb
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    well have got grass under control first time this year and some of bushes croped. had lovely sit in garden to chill might have done bit much but just feeling the sun is lovely val
    val
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    Options
    great day for doing washing..........! :lol:

i've been washing anything and everything (curtains, bed linen, cushions, windows.........) before i go in for my TKR on Tuesday!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good luck for tuesday,bet you feel better with all the washing done.Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I felt like pooh today, but bucked up late afternoon. We had dinner outside with a nice bottle of wine. Feel quite relaxed now. 8)
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    It was lovely here yesterday but I was sitting inside at my dad's most of the day. He doesn't like to sit outside. Managed to get my bedding out when I got home and put it straight back on my bed. Today was fairly warm but very very windy so just repotted a few strawberries. Was nice to have the windows and door open though.
    Christine
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    I know what you all mean about doing the washing on a lovely sunny day - it always smells so much fresher.

Another beautiful day today.

Janet x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    According to Window's Weather app I have on my Laptop it's going to get warmer everyday! So I will spend the afternoon reading in my conservatory on the sofa in there! Glad we've got the sun at last hated the dull weather!
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    beautiful day here today..took a picnic with OH and sat by the sea watching the ships sail by ..relaxing day..
    makes you feel great the sunshine.
    georgie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Fabulous sunshine here too.

I am sparing a thought for my Scottish friends and family though....and anyone else who has bad weather :(

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I'll agree with anything you say, anyone called knuckleduster sounds hard as nails so I'm not going to cross you that's for sure, hey hang on a mo?, your not in league with ard Tony are you!?.
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    It has rained solidly here in belfast for the last twelve hours and dosent look like its going to stop.. :cry:

7worlds
  • vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Morning all,

Yes here is the sun and the heat and the swollen joints and water retention and the sweaty bodies but hay the vitamin D helps and cold shower's.

lexy
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Lexy so it's not just me that the heat effects my arthritis then, I always find I get really aching knees when it's this hot and I also get slight swelling of them when it's like this, then the winter hits and I that gets me as well!. Take about stuffed!!. :lol:
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint mellman01 - I'm not as hard as nails. It's just a password that came out of nowhere and no one else seems to be using it.
    I'm a soft fluffy pussycat - really. And you wouldn't believe what my email password is - something equally as hard.

Another bright beautiful day. Off to the cafe on the water for morning tea.
    Then we've got to wait in all afternoon for the gasman as the boiler is on the blipp.

Janet