1 more sleep!

Options
JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 24. Jul 2012, 07:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
:)
1 more sleep before my TKR.........last minute preparations..popping off to town for toiletries.......decided i will take in travel size shampoo/ shower gel/ toothpaste etc .......
Have also been advised to take in paracetamol & ibuprofen so they dont charge me for them! :o

Fluffy has offered to stay with me until i get taken down to theatre (a major breathrough.he hasnt done this with any of my Op before!)

I'm actually kind of looking forward to the hard work after the Op! :shock:

You might not hear from me for a few days, so I hope you all keep well and enjoy the sunshine when it reaches you xx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Its going to be crowded with us all there as well,seriously best of luck for your op will be thinking of you.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I hope it all goes as well as mine have. I can't wish you better than that.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Hope all goes well for you Tomorrow :) , just to say I got sent home with all the pain killers I needed (free of charge) :) , will be thinking of you xx
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Good luck hunnie.

I really do hope everything goes spot on well and you are back on your feet in no time at all.

Fols x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I hope all goes well, and wish you a speedy recovery.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • Heather65
    Heather65 Member Posts: 262
    Options
    Hi,
    I will be thinking of you and hope it goes well,
    Heather65
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Julia
    Im so glad I didnt miss this, I just want to wish you well with it all, and a speedy recovery.
    I will be thinking about you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    I will be thinking of you tomorrow Julia, surely the hospital will provide pain relief something stronger than paracetemol and ibuprofen.
  • pinkbritishstars
    pinkbritishstars Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Hope it goes well Julia.

Thinking of you.

Pink xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The best of luck, I am sure all will be well and you will soon be home again. Take care and be sensible after, do the exercises and rest but remember no jaunts out, housework, cooking or anything like that! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • JuliaHod12
    Options
    thanks for the support guys.........bag all packed.....I'm ready! :lol:

pegleg/diamond
    I've been advised to take the paracetamol & ibuprofen in as I am going private (very fortunately covered on works BUPA) and they would charge me a lot more if they needed to give me them for mild pain relief.
    Routine heavy duty pain relief will be given....... thank heavens! :-)

DD
    Of course I will behave myself........evenmissing a good friend's 50th birthday party on 28th!

All being well I expect to be home on 28th :-)
  • SteveBurns
    SteveBurns Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Hi Julia,

As you know I had my TKR four weeks ago, I'm pleased you are positive about yours and looking forward to getting it done and the exercises :)

As you are going private you should be very well looked after but if not don't be afraid to let them know.

Just remember that as soon as you are out of bed and walking the recovery has started and everything you do will make it a little easier next time.

I'm four weeks post op and tend to forget I should be walking with sticks, sometimes I have no pain at all.

Good luck and please use the time to rest up :)
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello Julia
    i will be thinking about you tomorrow. what time is it.
    all the best.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Best Of luck too you julia

Will be thinking of you tomorrow (((())))xxx just a few to keep you going

karen xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Julia

OMG hasnt this come around so quickly? Im glad that you seem very positive and well prepared for the whole thing and hope to hear from you very soon telling us how well youre recovering...
    Youre taking toiletries, have you got things such as book, or puzzle magazine, you may not feel like it or not but might be handy to have with you..Also some change for a phone or if youre taking your mobile take your charger....

Good luck you, will be thinking of you tomorrow....Great your oh has offered to be there till you go to theatre too...

Elainexx
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    :)
    1 more sleep before my TKR.........last minute preparations..popping off to town for toiletries.......decided i will take in travel size shampoo/ shower gel/ toothpaste etc .......
    Have also been advised to take in paracetamol & ibuprofen so they dont charge me for them! :o

Fluffy has offered to stay with me until i get taken down to theatre (a major breathrough.he hasnt done this with any of my Op before!)

I'm actually kind of looking forward to the hard work after the Op! :shock:

You might not hear from me for a few days, so I hope you all keep well and enjoy the sunshine when it reaches you xx
  • JuliaHod12
    Options
    Hi Elaine

yes.......kindle all charged up and ready. Mobile poised as well! :-) thanks for the thoughts........would be just like me to forget charger!

I don't think I am going to have much time on my hands.........have been readin the post Op exercise regime.....its pretty full on, so expect i might be napping inbetween sessions! :lol:

Going in at 12noon, so Op will be early afternoon!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Julia

Yeah its full on, think the recovery starts day after surgery dont it, the physio's come round and youre up and on the road to recovery! But its all to get you hitting the ground running (pardon the pun)....Ive heard about it but i dont know it fully and wont till pre op assessment so I'll be shocked too...
    Oh early afternoon, I'll be thinking about you kid!! Sure you'll be a star patitent!

Love Elainexx

Ps...Im gonna ask if i can take me cuddly frog in with me, wait till they see him, lol, will have to disenfect him!!...
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    Hi Elaine

yes.......kindle all charged up and ready. Mobile poised as well! :-) thanks for the thoughts........would be just like me to forget charger!

I don't think I am going to have much time on my hands.........have been readin the post Op exercise regime.....its pretty full on, so expect i might be napping inbetween sessions! :lol:

Going in at 12noon, so Op will be early afternoon!
  • JuliaHod12
    Options
    Day after surgery.........? ;-)

They've told me they will get me up later tomorrow if i am ok after the anaesthetic! :o
    The exercises seem to be broadly similar to those i have had after my arthroscopies, but a lot more intensive.....and when resting my operated leg will be on a contraption that keeps the knee moving!
    They also put the knee in a "cryo-cuff" immediately after surgery to minimise swelling/ bruising..........not sure if all hospitals follow this practice!

well i will have dear old Fluffy my OH........but he wont hang around waiting for me to come back up from the Op! :roll:
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Julia

Well dont know then, my dad when he had his done few years ago wasnt up same day as he had surgery..It was the next day and the contraption youre describing is like a cradle...He said when they put is knee in it at first it was moving at a good speed but he fell asleep and the head physion cranked it up to full blast and he was going like billyo!!Not sure what a cryo cuff is?
    I aint got another half, lol so frog it'll be!!

Hope you have a decent night's rest...

Elainex
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    Day after surgery.........? ;-)

They've told me they will get me up later tomorrow if i am ok after the anaesthetic! :o
    The exercises seem to be broadly similar to those i have had after my arthroscopies, but a lot more intensive.....and when resting my operated leg will be on a contraption that keeps the knee moving!
    They also put the knee in a "cryo-cuff" immediately after surgery to minimise swelling/ bruising..........not sure if all hospitals follow this practice!

well i will have dear old Fluffy my OH........but he wont hang around waiting for me to come back up from the Op! :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good luck Julia! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    All the best from me, too, Julia. Hope to see you and the new knee back here soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Im thinking about you Julia....wishing you well with it all xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Good luck and lots of love, hope it goes to plan and I love your attitude to the hard work of recovery - you probably just made it a bit easier with that mindset. LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter