Update on yours truly!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 24. Jul 2012, 08:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
I thought I would let you all know I'm still not good, Still suffering with pain and the steroids didn't help. I spoke to my G.P yesterday and told her of my concerns as I'm going on holiday in a months time and I really didn't want to be like this when I go, and what if it isn't a 'flare up' it's me getting worse? :cry: So she suggested I increase the Oromorph to 15mls every 4hrs. So I agreed to that short term. She asked me about my 2nd appt with the 'Rhummey from hell' and I told her it wasn't till Sept, She suggested I phone the appts dept and see if they could move it urgently as I have been so poorly for so long. I reminded her what he said and she just laughed at outrageous he had been and said because of the time we have before my holiday it was best to stick with him. She told me she was concerned at the fact I'm still no better. And told me to arrange a phone consultation with her on Friday.
So after speaking to her I phoned the appt's Dept and got my appt with the Consultant moved to the earliest date which is 3 days before I go away on Hols!! I can't believe, but have taken the appt and will have to see what happens. :(

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I am so sorry you're still suffering so much.
    That appointment is cutting it a bit fine!
    Just hope the increased dose of Oromorph helps.
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope your appointment goes well.mig
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope your appointment goes well.mig
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hello Bubbadog.
    i'm so sorry you are not feeling very well you have a lot to cope with as it is.
    i hope things start to improve soon for you.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I hope the appointment helps you and that you then manage a lovely holiday.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright