Physio EEEEEEK !

Options
pegleg
pegleg Member Posts: 139
edited 25. Jul 2012, 11:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Got a phone call yesterday inviting me to physio ! , bit worried as I still hardly have any movement , can sit with it at nearly 90 degree's but still not straight , ordered one of the special ice cuff/buckets that the physio's use in hospital and that is fantastic ! can sit and do bending with it on . Oh well hopefully she won't chew me up and spit me out ! :o xx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck with the physio.Mig
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    You will be fine, a good physio is worth her/his weight in gold.

Janet
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Be brave!!!! :o Good luck.
    Deb
  • SteveBurns
    SteveBurns Member Posts: 177
    Options
    pegleg wrote:
    Got a phone call yesterday inviting me to physio ! , bit worried as I still hardly have any movement , can sit with it at nearly 90 degree's but still not straight , ordered one of the special ice cuff/buckets that the physio's use in hospital and that is fantastic ! can sit and do bending with it on . Oh well hopefully she won't chew me up and spit me out ! :o xx

Hi pegleg :)

You don't mention any pain? Not that I wish it on you but if you are pain free the Physio will get you working hard to exercise the leg.

My point about pain is that you should not push yourself past the pain barrier as that only makes it worse for later on.

Hope you get a sympathetic Physio. :)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    if you get a good physio all will be great and you will be running about soon val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Ah peg

I'm sure it will be fine :) I am certain you will get a nice one and he/she will be pleased with how you are doing. we are all different and they will ahve seen worse than you many times. Like me when I had my back op :oops:

I wouldn't do anything because of the pain :oops:

Love and luck

Toni xxx
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    You will be fine Peg they are there to help you get bend and to straighten out leg.They will give you a list of exercises to do several times a day.I still use icepacks before i do exercises just to numb up area.Good Luck.
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Yeah I do get pain :( , but it doesn't hurt as much as it did last week , I ice it first then do them , I don't doubt I'm in for a shock and whatever I'm doing won't be enough ! :wink: x