feeling horrible and dont know why

Options
jilly
jilly Member Posts: 503
edited 26. Jul 2012, 11:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi eveyone, I havent been posting much but i do read all your posts . Just not good at posting.
I have not been well for a few weeks now , I am feeling feverish , ill ,no energy and my joints are hurting more . I dont think there will be many that remember me so i will fill you in on my background . I have imflamatory athritis and OA . I have had 2 TKR and one THR . My neck, shoulders, feet and hands all cause me a lot of pain . I have carpul tunnel in both hands which causes me trouble walking with my sticks .I also have underactive thyroid .
I am on hydro for the inflamatory arthritis and have been for 14 months but it hasnt been working for me . I was put on sulpha but it made me come out in a rash and they stopped it .
When i was put on the hydro they said i would be going back in 3 months that 14 months ago , As i have been in a lot of pain i rang and was told they had never given me a permanent doctor so i had been forgot . I have now got an appointment for 16th august .
The last few weeks i have been feeling ill as well and hot (nothing to do with the weather we are having now ) i feel like i have a fever .
What i was wondering is does anyone else feel like this and do you think it could be the arthritis , I really am feeling horrible and very down .
thanks for reading my long post ....jillyx

Comments

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    (((Jilly))) it sounds as though you could be flaring. I get a fever and feel fluey with my flares, tired and no energy just as you describe.

Fancy being forgotten for 14 months :shock: keep a note of how high your fever goes and which joints are affected so the doc gets an idea of how bad things are for you.

I am sure 16th August feels ages away, but hopefully it will pass quickly. Could your gp run some bloods n the meantime to give the consultant an idea of your inflammatory markers? Just to try and avoid the get your bloods checked and come back in a couple of weeks scenario :roll:

Take care and rest up
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are suffering so much Jilly.This inflammatory arth is a pain at the best of times.I like you have this along with two tkr's and an underactive thyroid.I am on Sulpha but still feel need something else added to the mix to keep it suppressed.I also tried hydrox but it never worked.Can you not get GP to run blood tests to check esr and crp?When you see rheumy at least bloods will have been checked out.You rest up sounds like a bad flare.Sending gentle Hugs.xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Jilly

I think i remember you, when you said about the sulpha rash seemed to ring a bell, hadnt you been out for a meal before it happened?
    Anyway it sounds hellish what youre feeling just now and terrible too not to have been allocated a doctor, makes you feel impportant huh? But its sorted now...Feverish feeling must be uncomfortable...
    All i can say is i hope you get some relief soon....

Elainex
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello jilly, it's lovely to hear from you again but sad that it's because you're not well. This sounds to me like an on-going and very long-lasting flare of the inflammatory arthritis. That general feeling of fluey-ness, tiredness and the resutling 'down' is arthritis to a T. On the plus side you have just over a fortnight to go before you see a rheumatologist but in the mean-time I wonder if it would be worth your while seeing your GP? I have to go and see mine soon about him referring me to orthopaedics for a carpal tunnel assessment (I have it in both hands and it's far from pleasant) and a general review of the meds he can prescribe - maybe yours can help you. As for the rheumatologist there are other meds you can try instead of sulph, I don't know if you have had any of them before but it doesn't sound like it. Please keep in touch and ler us know how you get on. DD

PS Do you still have your hens?
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Jilly you poor thing, gosh I do feel for you...you have gone through so much, and now this...like the others have said this does sound like a flare ...and a bad on at that ...has for the hydro, I would certainly ring them up and explain how bad things are...Im afraid that we can get lost in the NHS .
    I do wish you well , and hope you feel better very soon (((((())))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi there Jilly

you have NOT been forgotten :D at least not here :)

I find i feel fluey when I have a flare ,a temperature is often present and extreme tiredness too.

Try paracetamol to get them temp levelled out (if you areen't taking co-cos with it being in them anyway) and plenty ,plenty of rest.

and keep coming on here too :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Hello Hon, Wonder if you may be sickening for a batch of cold or something? A few friends have come down with a lurgy, always seems to happen when the schools break up - a side effect of all the build up perhaps? Trouble is with this we assume everything is to with arthritis - and it may be something else?
    Hope you are feeling better.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Jilly, sorry you've not been having such a good time with things. Sounds just like when I flare too..
    Hope you're having a better night tonight and your appointment comes around soon. Will volunteer for pocket duties.. Bringing plenty of tetley tea, egg custards and other treats.. Ra will be with me too, hope he doesn't moult too much in your pocket :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That sounds very flareymary to me - I often describe to unarthritis peeps that fluey/ temperature feeling as they can understand that quite well. I really hope you feel better soon. Don't fight it or think you are mad (I spent quite a few years doing that) just love yourself and give yourself whatever you need to cope with a flare. Lots of hugs and love to help are being beamed at you from me LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • jilly
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help , i feel better knowing i am not on my own and reading your posts helps . I used to feel like this before i started on the meds but i had trouble with my thyroid at the same time and to be honest when i mentioned it to the doctors they didnt think it was . It makes all the difference when you are not the only one .
    i will ask my gp for a blood test and check my esr, it was high then i started the meds .
    Again thanks to everyone of you ,as always your advise as helped. I will post and let you all know how i go on.
    DD nice you remembered my hens i am down to 2 now , they have had a few extra years roaming around my garden and seem happy . I love them scratching around they are very funny . They havent knocked me over since.
    Hope you all are feeling as good as you can be , as i say i do read all your posts and feel for you all . ....jillyxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Jilly as Suzygirl said I think your suffering a flare up, I'm sorry your suffering and I hope it woun't last to long. Post the dates of your appt so you can remind us for pocket duties. Take care
  • jilly
    Options
    Hi Bubbadog , thanks , i am at the hospital on the 16th August so its not long, i hope i still have some imflamation when i go otherwise they might not try something else but i will be glad if i feel better than i do at the minute . ...jillyx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm glad I remembered right! I was fairly certain you had hens - aren't they ex-battery? Lucky, lucky girls living with you. Good luck on the 16th, please let us know how you get on, OK? Take care, keep resting, eat well, keep hydrated (especially in this heat) and I hope things ease soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben