big debate in mig household

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 27. Jul 2012, 04:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
So okay having egg,smoked bacon and tomato's for lunch i say you have to have brown sauce with smoked bacon he say's tomato sauce,so ensued a big debate about it, i then said you have to put a blob of sauce on your plate he say's no spread it round,what do you all do ? Mig

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Mig ,that sounds lovely red or brown? blob or spread?,my appitite is beginning to return so either is fine with me just as long as I dont have to wash up after ,As to the debate I truely love both equally so not much help :lol::lol::lol: Marrianne.
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    Oh dear. Brown sauce is yucky, and for some reason I have gone right off tomato sauce too! So a bacon sarnie is a bacon sarnie for me. Nothing on it except butter. Yum!

The only thing I'll have tomato sauce on these days is chicken dippers.

The best bacon sarnie to have is always going to be with brie and cranberry. I have a pannini press, so making a bacon brie and cranberry pannini is definately a winner!

People think I'm strange for this one, but a warm chicken sandwich with wenslydale and cranberry. Better with wenslydale with cranberry in it.

The all time debate with me and a couple of friends is corned beef sandwiches. Do you put mayo, tomato sauce or salad cream on? I normally settle for mayo and salad, but corned beef with salad cream works so well! Tomato sauce is a no no, but my friend is disgusted by the thought of salad cream on corned beef and swears tomato sauce is great with it!

The other friend thinks we are mad and eats corned beef straight from the packet! Heh!
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Brown sauce spread around :D
  • Avrielle
    Avrielle Member Posts: 182
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    Avrielle wrote:
    Nothing on it except butter.

This is exactly the reason why obesity levels are so high because bread and butter go hand in hand all the time.
    I wonder, can't you eat bread without butter?
    Or is it too dry for your taste?
    Avrielle wrote:
    Yum!

Thanks for calling me fat. :?

Isn't the bacon worse? Honestly, I don't get to eat bacon sarnies often. It's a treat. I don't have much butter either. My ex-partner swears having butter on both slices of bread in a sandwich where as I only have one side buttered.
    Life is just a ride. Up and down, round and around, thrills and chills, very brightly coloured and very loud. But don't ever be afraid, because it is just a ride.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    No butter when having bacon or sausage,brown sauce on bacon,mustard on sausage,mayo on bacon,lettuce and tomato,beetroot on corned beef sandwiches.Mig
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Never use butter/marg, tastes like butter, or benecol on bread and love mustard both English and Dijon, on anything. 8) :wink::lol:

Do not use either brown sauce or tom sauce.

Tods, chips are fattening too. In actually fact anything that taste good is fattening, well nearly.

Love crusty bread dipped in oil though.

Has the good weather brought you back?

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Mig

Its gotta be a splodge of brown HP sauce but dont have it with fry ups cos dont eat them....Dont spread it round either, tomato sauce me no like!

Elainex
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    the sauce of Devils testicles should be banned :shock:
    Bit of brown sauce ain't too bad, but I love branston with chips. Lovely.
    I only ever have marge on the rare occasion I do have bread with chip butties. Never with bacon though. Dry bread for that..
    Salad cream with chips, steak and mushrooms is joyous..
    Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm not one for fry ups unlike 'im indoors: it's brown for him in a puddle.

Bread and butter has nothing to do with obesity levels. Surely that is more to do with leading a sedentary life and eating a poor-quality diet. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Now there's goes my diet....I was doing well till I read this thread...must say I love brown sauce..on eggs and bacon...smothered all over .. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    can not eat tomatoe sauce since getting married at the factory i worked in they used to cover who ever was getting married in flour and tomatoe sauce the smell still turns my stomach.
    brown never liked.
    bacon no butter unless it on toast.
    fave sandwich it bacon chicken cheese on toast heaven
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Veggie bacon for me

With martie sauce :wink:

Yum
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Now I'm starving!
    bacon buttie no butter.

Full English & Worcester Sauce. :D
    Ruby
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    vegie bacon :shock: :shock: :shock: Sacrilege my dearest Toni..
    If people weren't meant to eat animals they wouldn't be made of meat :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Brown sauce for OH and tom sauce for the rest of them. In fact my youngest Son drinks Ketchup from a bottle or makes tom sauce sandwiches, with no butter because he hates butter.I don't have any sauces with my bacon sandwiches. It would ruin the lovely taste of the bacon IMO.

My daughter has loads of butter with everything and is very skinny. It is a natural food and therefore I have no qualms about her eating it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2143477/Bring-butter--cheese-red-meat-milk-How-low-fat-obsession-harm-health-says-nutritionist.html#comments

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • fowls48
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Now there's goes my diet....I was doing well till I read this thread...must say I love brown sauce..on eggs and bacon...smothered all over .. :D
    Yes in between toast
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    Right everybody, can I have your attention one more time.

What do you think about the combination Chicken + BBQ Sauce?

I thought BBQ Sauce was suitable for pork ribs only but today I tried KFC BBQ Chicken Wrap - I wouldn't say it tasted bad but I much prefer McDonald's Sweet Chilli Chicken Wrap.

What are your thoughts on that?

No thoughts on it at all, Tody, I steer clear of KFCs.
    Will you be away for a long time again after your short stay, Tods?

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Not tried either of those Tody, although KFC is very popular in our house (bargain boneless bucket is a favourite).

Elizabeth :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • fowls48
    Options
    I Usually put chicken breast in a pot with barbeque sauce and bake for and hour and half and the serve with rice , its lovely .