Consultant tomorrow 12 week visit TKR

Options
loovechocolate
loovechocolate Member Posts: 77
edited 27. Jul 2012, 06:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Seeing the consultant tomorrow TKR 12 weeks ago at 6 week visit I had 70 bend had physio today had 71 before and 85 after aqua, last week I had 90 after aqua just don't get it. lets see what he says shall we. Feeling low sure it will get better

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Will be thinking of you.mig
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Options
    Good luck with your appointment, x
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Good luck , I'm sure you will be fine :) , everyones different in their recovery process , sounds like your heading in the right direction xx
  • loovechocolate
    loovechocolate Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Feel so much better, consultant is great, not happy with physio said he shouldn't have to hurt me so badly to get bend and that is why I went backwards, last week in the pool he bent my leg so fast and back so far I screamed, I was swollen for 4 days and could hardly walk. Consultant said only bend to the stop point hold it for count of 20 try to push alittle more but there is no need to go through the pain barrier that could cause more damage, he measured me and I measured 85 he said at 12 weeks that was ok try a stationary bike with the seat high and I'll see you Sept 13th,
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I think that is great progress, I would be proud of myself if I was you..

Did you know that physiotherapists are created from old bits of mass murderers and sadists??
    :o:o
    It's true you know :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That's better news loovechocolate, recovery can take longer than we like and there are usually one or two setbacks along the way. Hopefully that careless physio is the last setback you'll have - keep doing the exercises, keep resting, you know the drill by now! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Well done YOU!

Bet you feel reassured now?

If the consultant is happy then you should be too :) .

Love

Toni xxx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Well Done Keep up the good work .xx
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Well done keep up the good work.I have tried exercise bike but cannot pedal it even with seat set at highest point.I just rock pedals back and forward.I bought mini pedal exerciser and can use this very well.My physio told me you need a bend of over 100 degrees at least to use bike.I have bend of 90 on first tkr and bend of 100 on my last knee done twelve weeks ago.I just keep going with exercises hoping for improvement.Best of Luck.